WHICH ONE TO BUY ? [NOTEBOOK]

prophetd7

Hi guys,

I'm new here at OCC.

I need u're help because I'm not following notebooks atm, and I need one for architecture student.

So it would be used for photoshop, archicad, autocad, google sketchup, (3D modeling, and work with graphics) and that kind of applications.

I would need something not too expencive so let's say smth like intel i3, 4gb of ddr3, 250-500gb hdd, or maybe smth with sdd (smaller ofc), 15.6" i think is enough.

OS i have win7, and apps. also.

My dilemma is about GPU which one to chose in that category, that will give good results? I saw Ati 5470 in that config's would it be enough ? I would prefer Ati, but if nVidia has smth better I'd go nVidia.

Maybe smth with ati 5650 or nvidia 310 or 320 ??

CPU and RAM will do fine I think.

I would stick to ASUS, Toshiba, Sony maybe.

I would keep budget under 700eur.

Which one do you recommend ?

Feel free to suggest ...

TNX in advance ...

Edited by prophetd7

If your doing 3d modeling you should probably consider something better than an i3, 3D modeling is very CPU intensive, and if that is windows 7 64-bit get some more RAM. Truthfully id recommend saving some more, get something thats going to last a while.

By the way what does this mean?

maybe smth with sdd (smaller ofc), 15.6" i think is enough

And no, don't go with anything smaller than 250GBs with those programs being used regularly you will fill it up in no time.

On the GPU its just preference, i personally would get the 320m but im a Nvidia fanboy, someone else(probably a number of people) are bound to say ATI, there is nothing wrong with either one, it just depends on what you want, and how much you want to pay.

Good luck with your choice.

And Welcome to OCC

@SpeedCrazy

"maybe smth with sdd (smaller ofc), 15.6" i think is enough" sorry i meant SSD - Solid State Drive smaller than 250GB, maybe 64GB, and 15.6" for display diagonal

U don't think that i3 @ 2.4GHz would be enough ? it doesn't need to be extraordinary but budget friendly and to to those apps. with ease but I don't need it for benching and high scores.

tnx

Edited by prophetd7

@NearlyEpic

I know that but I'm looking for smth that will do fine for work at classes, for work at home there is good desktop.

for example this Asus i3 2.4GHz, 4GB ddr3, NVIDIA® GeForce® 310M 1GB DDR3, 15.6" HD (1366x768), 500GB HDD ?! or that config with 5650 I would prefer that.

OR cheaper option with 5470 ?

Edited by prophetd7