Kingston HyperX H2O PC3 16000 6GB Memory Kit Reviewed

Nemo

Today we're looking at a memory kit that comes set up for water cooling straight from the manufacturer as we check out the Kingston HyperX H2O PC3 16000 3x2GB Cas 9 - http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/kingston_hyperx_h20/

Today we're looking at a memory kit that comes set up for water cooling straight from the manufacturer as we check out the Kingston HyperX H2O PC3 16000 3x2GB Cas 9 - http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/kingston_hyperx_h20/

Funny, earlier this week I was surfing the web like a madman, looking for a legit review of these Modules. Lo and behold one drops in right under my nose here at OCC. Thank You Ccokeman for the Review. I am wondering why Kingston would apply what seems to be a decent cooling solution to a somewhat average set of modules. I think their air-cooled versions are higher performing that these. I just cannot believe its the cooling solution that is holding these back, my guess is that its the quality of the ram. Why they wouldnt put their best modules up for this solution is beyond my kin.

Funny, earlier this week I was surfing the web like a madman, looking for a legit review of these Modules. Lo and behold one drops in right under my nose here at OCC. Thank You Ccokeman for the Review. I am wondering why Kingston would apply what seems to be a decent cooling solution to a somewhat average set of modules. I think their air-cooled versions are higher performing that these. I just cannot believe its the cooling solution that is holding these back, my guess is that its the quality of the ram. Why they wouldnt put their best modules up for this solution is beyond my kin.

Ccokeman can correct me if I'm wrong, but it was not the cooling solution that held these back, but rather his CPU.

I don't know why 9-10-9-27 is bad at 2000mhz +

I guess I don't get it. My current ram stock frequency is 1333 at 9-9-9-24. Yeah I can tighten them up to 7-7-7-20 but at the stock settings they overclock better up into 1600mhz range.

Good modules but loose is not a word that can be applied to these timings at that high of speed.

I don't know why 9-10-9-27 is bad at 2000mhz +

I guess I don't get it. My current ram stock frequency is 1333 at 9-9-9-24. Yeah I can tighten them up to 7-7-7-20 but at the stock settings they overclock better up into 1600mhz range.

Good modules but loose is not a word that can be applied to these timings at that high of speed.

When you have memory that can run Cas 6 and 7 at these speeds yup loose is a word I would use. But these modules can do 7-9-7 at 2000Mhz with some voltage tweaking so there is room for improvement unless I have my reviews mixed up!

When you have memory that can run Cas 6 and 7 at these speeds yup loose is a word I would use. But these modules can do 7-9-7 at 2000Mhz with some voltage tweaking so there is room for improvement unless I have my reviews mixed up!

I guess I didn't realize timings were getting so tight. Thanks buddy :thumbsup: