Sign in to follow this  
BonTenshi

New Headphone Advice needed.

Ok for my new build I am looking for a new pair of headphones to go with it i have a dedicated sound card but i am really not looking to get an amp.

What it comes down to now is 4 pairs i have been looking at and reading reviews about.

The first pair is the Sennheiser RS 180 my friend has a pair of wireless for gaming and i really liked the idea especially being able to get um from my desk and do things while still wearing my headphones. But i don't know if having wireless affects the sound quality at all or if there is a time delay for the sound to transfer.

The second pair is also Sennheiser and its is the HD 280 Pro. I have heard so many good things about these headphones and i really like the look of them. I have never actually used them but just from the reviews about them i definitely am considering them.

The third pair are the PC 350 Sennheiser i only choose these because i would definitely like to have a mic and i really don't know any good stand alone mics that you can attach to a pair of headphones and this is the only good pair i could find from Sennheiser. But all the reviews i see of them are mixed to very good or the worst Sennheiser product ever. So if any body has personal experience with these if you could say if they're worth it or not, it would be beyond helpful.

And of course the last ones are the SteelSeries 7H. The reviews on them look very good and i have personal experience with the 5Hv2 and i fell in love with them. So if the 7H are better like they are suppose to be, then these headphones would be phenomenal. And plus the built in mic and all the extras like the retractable cord make these very attractable headphones and very promising.

So if anyone has personal experience with any of these headphones i would really appreciate some input about them and if you like them or not or any other helpful information that you can give. Thanks in advance!

Just realized knowing the soundcard might help don't really know but i have the Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series.

Edited by BonTenshi

Ok for my new build I am looking for a new pair of headphones to go with it i have a dedicated sound card but i am really not looking to get an amp.

What it comes down to now is 4 pairs i have been looking at and reading reviews about.

The first pair is the Sennheiser RS 180 my friend has a pair of wireless for gaming and i really liked the idea especially being able to get um from my desk and do things while still wearing my headphones. But i don't know if having wireless affects the sound quality at all or if there is a time delay for the sound to transfer.

The second pair is also Sennheiser and its is the HD 280 Pro. I have heard so many good things about these headphones and i really like the look of them. I have never actually used them but just from the reviews about them i definitely am considering them.

The third pair are the PC 350 Sennheiser i only choose these because i would definitely like to have a mic and i really don't know any good stand alone mics that you can attach to a pair of headphones and this is the only good pair i could find from Sennheiser. But all the reviews i see of them are mixed to very good or the worst Sennheiser product ever. So if any body has personal experience with these if you could say if they're worth it or not, it would be beyond helpful.

And of course the last ones are the SteelSeries 7H. The reviews on them look very good and i have personal experience with the 5Hv2 and i fell in love with them. So if the 7H are better like they are suppose to be, then these headphones would be phenomenal. And plus the built in mic and all the extras like the retractable cord these make these very attractable headphones and very promising.

So if anyone has personal experience with any of these headphones i would really appreciate some input about them and if you like them or not or any other helpful information that you can give. Thanks in advance!

Just realized knowing the soundcard might help don't really know but i have the Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series.

I own the RS 180. Good headset. You can't beat wireless really. I also have a pair of Beyerdynamic DT 990 (600ohms) wired set that I use with my Essence STX when I want to go deaf. But I find myself using the the RS 180 90% of the time. Good open headphones, good bass, no interference from my wireless keyboard, wireless mouse, wireless router and the RS 180. They all work well together :)

Here is a mini review compared to the AD700: http://www.overclock.net/sound-cards-computer-audio/741780-sennheiser-rs-180-wireless-headphones-mini.html

I only got the Beyerdynamics because the Asus Essence STX has built-in amp, and works very well with the 990's at 600ohms. For the RS 180 I would recommend the Xonar D2X since the amp on the Essence STX will not work with wireless.