I need recommendations for a couple motherboards.

1) This computer will be built for a friend, and will use an Intel i7 930. I have some PC3-12800 ram that I won from a contest here, and wish to use it in this build. The computer will primarily be used for gaming and must be able to SLI. There will be little to no OC'ing going on with this chip (may bump the cores up to 3.0 GHz).

2) A secondary computer for myself. Needs to be a socket 775 and use DDR2 800. The processor I'm using is a Intel C2D E6300. Primary use of this computer is browsing, email, and mass storage for files. Would like to have eSata support, but does not need SLI or Crossfire.

Thank you ahead of time. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

I need recommendations for a couple motherboards.

1) This computer will be built for a friend, and will use an Intel i7 930. I have some PC3-12800 ram that I won from a contest here, and wish to use it in this build. The computer will primarily be used for gaming and must be able to SLI. There will be little to no OC'ing going on with this chip (may bump the cores up to 3.0 GHz).

2) A secondary computer for myself. Needs to be a socket 775 and use DDR2 800. The processor I'm using is a Intel C2D E6300. Primary use of this computer is browsing, email, and mass storage for files. Would like to have eSata support, but does not need SLI or Crossfire.

Thank you ahead of time. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

What is your budget for these?

1) would like to stay in the $100-200 price range

2)would like to stay closer to the $100 price range

I'd recommend this Mobo for the socket 1366. I've not used it but i know many that have and their have been no issues. It has USB 3.0 for new storage options and Gigabyte has never let me down on Intel or AMD boards or GPUs. I trust them in 90% of my client builds.

as for the 775 are you wanting DDR2 or DDR3, mATX or ATX or just under 100 and it doesn't matter.

+1/ I have the Gigabyte X58-UD3 and it overclocks my i7 930 to 4.51GHz stable. Great board for the $. They run $200. Look for an unboxed one on NewEgg.

+1/ I have the Gigabyte X58-UD3 and it overclocks my i7 930 to 4.51GHz stable. Great board for the $. They run $200. Look for an unboxed one on NewEgg.

:withstupid:

Dont be discouraged by open box! I have a $55 open box motherboard that got a $60 quad to 3.4ghz lol