rig just randomly restarts out of no where......

mattwalter85

whats up fellas I haven't been on here in a while been busy workin and i moved too but I have a question I gotta ask to see if anyone else has ever had this problem..... For about 2 months now my computer will just randomly restart like a hard restart as if I had pressed the reset button on the case..... There is no warning as to when its going to do it or anything like it could do it right now while im typing this post lol. I have never seen anything like it since i've been building/working with computers and its really startin to make me mad. doesn't matter if the pc's been on for 2 mins or 2 days its not any kind of heat issue and i haven't changed anything in my rig recently so I just cant figure out whats going on. Either i think its my psu or mobo but idk..... has anyone on here experienced anything like this before?

I have a rig that does that and I have yet to figure it out....

wifes rig...swapped ram and PSUs and even hardrives and cables...even the video card...

that thing will run for months then one day Beep it just reboots and sometimes it goes right back into windows....sometimes it will boot several times and even sometimes hangs on the POST screen...it will not boot via the reset...I have to power it fully off then boot it and its fine...only done it 3 times in 4 years....eh its her rig so its not a big deal...;)

lol yeah i haven't been on here in a while. hey guys where can i find ALL the correct timings for the memory that i have? all i can seem to find is the first 4...... here is the link to my modules that i have....

http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/memory/ocz_ddr3_pc3_12800_platinum_low_voltage_dual_channel

lol yeah i haven't been on here in a while. hey guys where can i find ALL the correct timings for the memory that i have? all i can seem to find is the first 4...... here is the link to my modules that i have....

http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/memory/ocz_ddr3_pc3_12800_platinum_low_voltage_dual_channel

Trial and error? Thats what I did to crank down all of them on my cousin's sticks (especially because they are running slower than rated speed so I could go lower than the factory latencies)

I had a similar problem and I found out what it was. Mine used to restart when I would try to connect the case with either my headphone jack or a USB device. I don't know why but it doesn't do it anymore. It was probably sending static signals or something... a bit odd really.

You have anything touching the case?

Try another hdd in it with a different os, maybe some software, or viruses or some settings that have been changed within windows. If not then check whether the reset button is sticking. Cant think of any other suggestions it is quite a vague problem, could be anything :/