which offline pc game has a biggest map ever made??

heatsink007

my friend told me "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion" has a biggest map ever

another friend said "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion" has a biggest map but in fact it is wast of space, it is only trees and mountains you don't have much things to do,I'm not sure if he is right or not

actually I'm looking for PC game with a large map that has a lot of things to do, like explore/collect/missions

"but please exclude the online games"

my friend told me "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion" has a biggest map ever

another friend said "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion" has a biggest map but in fact it is wast of space, it is only trees and mountains you don't have much things to do,I'm not sure if he is right or not

actually I'm looking for PC game with a large map that has a lot of things to do, like explore/collect/missions

"but please exclude the online games"

Bethesda claims that the scale of [Daggerfall] is equal to twice the size of Great Britain: around 487,000 square kilometers. The game world features over 15,000 towns, cities, villages, and dungeons for the player's character to explore. According to Todd Howard, an Elder Scrolls programmer, the game's sequel, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, is 0.01% the size of Daggerfall, but it should be noted most of Daggerfall's terrain was randomly generated. Vvardenfell, the explorable part of Morrowind in the third game has 10 square miles (25.9 square kilometers). The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion has approximately 16 square miles (41.4 square kilometers) to explore. In Daggerfall, there are 750,000+ non-player characters (NPCs) for the player to interact with, compared to the count of around 1,000 NPCs found in Morrowind and Oblivion. However, the geography and the characters in these later games are much more detailed.

Direct link to download Daggerfall from Bethesda's TES website - >HERE!<

Edited by Danrik

sounds like alot of work to get an old game running...needing to run an emulator and DOS to even get the game going....

for this kind of thing I like Titan Quest and Titan Quest Immortal Throne...plenty big and there are custom maps...and you can get the gold pack on steam as cheap as 4.99 at times...

only downside is you need both...as TQIT is an expansion of TQ with half the same game that carries on from the last act but you have to fire up TQ atleast once before TQIT will fire up...other than that HUGE maps

You can try all the open world games like: Grand Theft Auto series, Fallout 3, Oblivion, and etc.

You can also try RPGs like Diablo (it also has a couple of mods for it too, and online component isn't required).

Edited by Krazyxazn

thanks to Danrik for the game and the download link and thank you dr_bowtie for the great instructions,

actually many websites talking about Daggerfall and its huge map

i watched some videos nice game but the graphics very poor

i heard that Fallout 3 has a great map also but I've to check the Demo before i buy it

i should have a great game since i bought GTA IV but actually it was a big punch from RockStar till know i've tried all suggested ways including the patches to fix the antialaising problem or to force the game to use the computer resources but no can do,in fact it is a wast of 50$

thnx for the help

Edited by heatsink007

fallout3 is actually pretty huge via the way of the maps...with all the DLC...if you find it cheap enough for it and the DLC or the GoTY then snag it....if you like that sort of thing....

I got the Game off Steam but got the DLC as downloadable via the website...so I can play with or without it...

Hey, yeah Fallout 3 is pretty big and with some of the mods out there it can be even bigger with more stuff to do, Check out a guide i made a while back, its pretty basic but it also has a list of recommended mods at the end too so you can tailour the game to fit you better :)

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=176964

the biggest open worlds i have seen are Just cause 2 being the biggest then Farcry 2, then theres alot of other like fallout 3 or the stalker series

Large-Video-Game-Worlds2.jpg

check the right side of the image, it list some bigger ones

Edited by Shadowtroop
  • Like 1

the biggest open worlds i have seen are Just cause 2 being the biggest then Farcry 2, then theres alot of other like fallout 3 or the stalker series

Large-Video-Game-Worlds2.jpg

check the right side of the image, it list some bigger ones

Holy crap - I had no idea that Daggerfall was that big. I now really want to play it again. :lol:

Holy crap - I had no idea that Daggerfall was that big. I now really want to play it again. :lol:

Bethesda claims that the scale of [Daggerfall] is equal to twice the size of Great Britain: around 487,000 square kilometers. The game world features over 15,000 towns, cities, villages, and dungeons for the player's character to explore. According to Todd Howard, an Elder Scrolls programmer, the game's sequel, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, is 0.01% the size of Daggerfall, but it should be noted most of Daggerfall's terrain was randomly generated. Vvardenfell, the explorable part of Morrowind in the third game has 10 square miles (25.9 square kilometers). The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion has approximately 16 square miles (41.4 square kilometers) to explore. In Daggerfall, there are 750,000+ non-player characters (NPCs) for the player to interact with, compared to the count of around 1,000 NPCs found in Morrowind and Oblivion. However, the geography and the characters in these later games are much more detailed.

Taken from Danrik's first post. :P

Yea Just cause 2 map is huge u have to keep on calling ur friend to give u a lift with the helicopter every where,but i dint like the game,most of the missions are just the same thing Getting territories for gangs,got i tired of doing the same thing again and again .