OMG another new gaming rig

merseyless

going to buy this sometime this week.

Antec nine hundred two case

Antec ATX TruePower 750W

Intel Core i5 760 Processor LGA1156 2.80GHz 8MB Cache CPU free Intel T-Shirt

Western Digital 1TB SATA3 64M(WD1002FAEX)

Razer Arctosa Gaming Keyboard Silver Edition

Razer Abyssus High Precision Optical Gaming Mouse

Sony AD7240SGB 22X SATA OEM DVD RW Black

Acer G245HBMID 24inch Wide Black 5ms VGA DVI HDMI Spker

Gigabyte GA-P55-UD5 LGA1156 Dual Lan Clound OC DDR3 2600+ eSata/USB

G Skill 4G(2x2G) DDR3 1600Mhz PC12800 CL8(CL8D-4GBTD)

Cooler Master Hyper TX3

POV GTX 460 1G D5 2DVI/HDMI

Artic Silver 5 Thermal Grease

Razer Goliathus Alpha Mousemat Control Version

if there's anything else in there that you wouldn't recommend, let me know

all of this is being bought off Umart

Sucks they dont have a 750 there to save a little dough

For coolers I'd look at these:

Xigmatek S1238 Dark Knight

http://www.umart.com.au/pro/products_listnew.phtml?id=10&id2=54&bid=2&sid=54005 $58

Thermaltake Frio

http://www.umart.com.au/pro/products_listnew.phtml?id=10&id2=54&bid=2&sid=59955 $76

I'd get this harddrive: http://www.umart.com.au/pro/products_listnew.phtml?id=10&id2=129&bid=2&sid=26599

I'd get this burner: http://www.umart.com.au/pro/products_listnew.phtml?id=10&id2=20&bid=2&sid=50799

I'd get this Power Supply: http://www.umart.com.au/pro/products_listnew.phtml?id=10&id2=140&bid=2&sid=28019

Oh and dont get Arctic Silver 5, for A. Your cooler should come with something better, and B. That isn't the best compound anymore.

i've heard some complaints about bleeding on benQ monitors so just gunna avoid em.

might change the videocard to another brand, warrenty and whatnot.

the frio is over 1kg in weight and both the frio and the dark knight are huge.

sounds noobish but isn't there a weight limit to these coolers before the motherboard snaps?

i'd like the psu to have some sort of modular design, for both airflow and my sanity. might get a Corsair HX-750

though at that price is antec really bad enough to justify it?

all of this will blow my budget by a cool $100.

i've heard some complaints about bleeding on benQ monitors so just gunna avoid em.

might change the videocard to another brand, warrenty and whatnot.

the frio is over 1kg in weight and both the frio and the dark knight are huge.

sounds noobish but isn't there a weight limit to these coolers before the motherboard snaps?

i'd like the psu to have some sort of modular design, for both airflow and my sanity. might get a Corsair HX-750

though at that price is antec really bad enough to justify it?

all of this will blow my budget by a cool $100.

The antec isnt bad at all, I just didnt know you wanted modular (since active saves money)

You dont necessarily have to change the GPU (unless thats a bad brand or doesnt have a long enough warranty for you). All the 460s I've seen have clocked good so no reason to spend more on a higher factory OC.

The frio will not break the motherboard, it comes with a backplate to help with the support. The only thing to worry about is tall memory and if it will fit with the case side on (which most new cases should)

You'll have more than enough with the Corsair HX650W and have the option of installing another GTX 460 in SLI should you need it.

This is a good idea too!

Actually the truepower is an ok PSU. They are usually Seasonic made which is a good brand. Only difference I can see apart from $30 USD on newegg is the Corsair is a little more efficient being 80 plus silver.

Remember to compare the products on Umart :P, he's not buying from newegg

due to financial stress, pushing this back till next wednesday.

i'm definately going to get a sli 460 setup in the future, with a possible i7, frio and whatnot

i've changed the video card to a Gigabyte GF GTX460 1G, anyone know how long the warranty is on these things?

what would be a good compound to get then?

I think OCZ Freeze and Tuniq TX-4 are decent but there might better one's still. Look up "thermal compounds" and find some comparison reviews and then look for the newest articles

due to financial stress, pushing this back till next wednesday.

i'm definately going to get a sli 460 setup in the future, with a possible i7, frio and whatnot

i've changed the video card to a Gigabyte GF GTX460 1G, anyone know how long the warranty is on these things?

I think Gigabyte cards get 2 year warranties if I'm not mistaken