Sign in to follow this  
merseyless

SLI > Sanity

apparantly all P55 chipsets can handle SLI but nvida is picky about the SLI stamp.

a recent revelation for me which has been driving me up the wall for the last 4 hours as there are so few SLI certified mobo's, with this opening up a world of freedom.

anyone know if you can SLI the Asus P7P55D-E?

thanks in advance.

SLI is 95% done via software. There's some sort of way to get it to work even on crossfire only motherboards.

Or at least, this is what I have heard.

SLI is 95% done via software. There's some sort of way to get it to work even on crossfire only motherboards.

Or at least, this is what I have heard.

Is this true even with my p45??

this is why gigabyte a while back made all the boards SLI and Crossfire compatible because someone found a simple bios update told the nvidia drivers it could be installed. isn't this news almost a year old or am i missing something new?

edit: maybe im thinking about the 58x

Edited by hornybluecow

this is why gigabyte a while back made all the boards SLI and Crossfire compatible because someone found a simple bios update told the nvidia drivers it could be installed. isn't this news almost a year old or am i missing something new?

edit: maybe im thinking about the 58x

news to me, I may do this and get the two 260's for sli

apparantly all P55 chipsets can handle SLI but nvida is picky about the SLI stamp.

a recent revelation for me which has been driving me up the wall for the last 4 hours as there are so few SLI certified mobo's, with this opening up a world of freedom.

anyone know if you can SLI the Asus P7P55D-E?

thanks in advance.

ATI Crossfire FTW!

Go find man well (manual), It will tell you if its supports sli crossfire ect. and make sure you get the drivers from Nvidia latest and greatest. Good luck.

Edit: It looks like to to me as per Asus here say on there website. In fact it support Quad sli and X-Fire despite the fact it has three PCI-x-16 slots..... I know you can put two 5970's or 295s in it and make that happen but hey, I kidd.

Edited by boinker