Minecraft

Flibo

I don't know what he did, but Minecraft looks a whole hell of a lot better

I kind of have to disagree. So far I've loaded over 10 different single player worlds and over half of them have been starting me out in a desert or with nothing but hills for miles. So far the only mountain I've even seen in one of these maps is made of sand, which is ridiculous. I've noticed that the maps now generate with large craters in the ground, as if if wasn't bad enough we can destroy the maps ourselves, now they do it for us.

I don't know what he did, but Minecraft looks a whole **** of a lot better

+10000000

I cant tell what has changed.

But is 100000 out of 10 awesome. I spawned on top of probably the hugest tree i have ever had in a world, and it was tiny compared to some of the others around it. I am going to have great fun with miles of tree houses. :woo:

If my daily post count drops, you will know where i am. :D

Edited by SpeedCrazy

+10000000

I cant tell what has changed.

But is 100000 out of 10 awesome. I spawned on top of probably the hugest tree i have ever had in a world, and it was tiny compared to some of the others around it. I am going to have great fun with miles of tree houses. :woo:

If my daily post count drops, you will know where i am. :D

Probably what you're noticing is the new textures. there is a variety of textures now for certain things, like trees and grass, it's especially noticeable with the grass though. Some grass is darker and some is lighter.

Is anyone else having problems in the Nether? I went in, explored and came back to my portal, and was spat out about 10mins walk from my base in a cavern/tunnel.

Anyone else think he got great(spine-chilling perhaps) sounds for the slip gate?

I was quite unimpressed with the update. Biomes didn't really make it look much if any better. On top of that I spawned on a tundra and I had to walk for several minutes to reach anything green. Kind of annoying if you die :wacko: I didn't check the Nether out yet.

I was quite unimpressed with the update. Biomes didn't really make it look much if any better. On top of that I spawned on a tundra and I had to walk for several minutes to reach anything green. Kind of annoying if you die :wacko: I didn't check the Nether out yet.

Something I saw on YouTube puts it best

Bring diamond armor, spare diamond armor, and spare underwear.

I'm not real impressed with the biomes either. I think they should be bigger. The place I spawned has a patch of snow about 10x10 then a patch of sand 20x20 and the rest just trees and hills. I think they should regulate the spawn a bit so you don't get in the middle of a desert with nothing around but farther away from the spawn should have some nice big areas.