Minecraft

Flibo

MP is being fixed right NOW. Considering it's only 4 hours until the update, Notch is going to have to hurry. Maybe he'll focus on MP shortly after the update then.

Edited by Flibo

Well we will see.

I am going offline for a couple hours so as to stop my computer from downloading the update. I am franticaly placing 100's of torches. I guess i should say 64's of torches. LOL see you all on the server sometime tommorow. If we restart it then.

Btw where is waco at? I want that zip file!!!1

Supposedly redstone will be working "better" in SMP after the update. Maybe it'll finally let us build something cool.

Things that WON'T be coming to SMP with the update:

Enemies (?)

Portals

Working minecarts

Working boats

Health

Fancy features

Health has been confirmed to appear when the game is in BETA. That's a bad situation in my eyes. I don't want beta yet, I want more features. On the other hand, I want health :(

Cool status image (it updates):

bPmYJ.png

Edited by Flibo

Btw where is waco at? I want that zip file!!!1

Been autocrossing all morning. Zipping up the world now - I'll host it later.

EDIT: Uploading to my host now - it'll take a while. The world is 150 MB zipped, 200+ unzipped. Enjoy raping your filesystem with the thousands of tiny files. :P

EDIT2: Here's the link. It'll be active after 20 or so minutes. http://www.parl.clemson.edu/~dbonnie/world.zip

Edited by Waco

Portals won't be working in SMP before beta.

Multiplayer doesn't really get anything big then I guess... Clocks and biomes. Yippee.

EDIT: The update is here. Gonna go check!

Edited by Flibo

Where do you get the update? I can get on the website but my client cannot connect. Is it an auto download? I am confused and anoyed. I spent hours mining creating torches and creating rooms with maximum surface aerea to get loads of lamps and then he leaves them out. :rtfm:

Edited by SpeedCrazy

Where do you get the update? I can get on the website but my client cannot connect. Is it an auto download? I am confused and anoyed. I spent hours mining creating torches and creating rooms with maximum surface aerea to get loads of lamps and then he leaves them out. :rtfm:

My client just auto-updated when it contacted the server.