Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam DLC

sack_patrol

It seems like will be releasing a nice new DLC for BC2.

The trailer can be found here, and the multiplayer gameplay footage here.

I think this is a pretty cool DLC considering that it's pretty big and I'd personally call it an expansion or even go as far as to say that it could be a stand alone game. I hope, but doubt that it will be free for the PC cuz I probably wouldn't buy it if it costs money since I don't need it and I'm not a hardcore BC2 fan, but I do think that it's a very nice DLC that stands out from all the other lesser DLCs. Even Valve's L4D DLCs aren't that big with their 2-level maps and a new weapon or two(though it is free so it's kinda hard to compare until I find out what the price of the BC2 DLC will be).

how many BF2 expansions were there? from memory none of them were free, so the odds of this being free are the same as the chances of a cat becoming president.

does anyone know if they are retaining the class system (medic, assault, camper, and CG nub)? all i saw from the MP vid was the assault? also was it me or does it look like there's lots less recoil on the gun(s)?

may or may not pick it up depending on pricing and how much cash i have spare after all the new releases coming soon i.e. New vegas etc.

how many BF2 expansions were there? from memory none of them were free, so the odds of this being free are the same as the chances of a cat becoming president.

does anyone know if they are retaining the class system (medic, assault, camper, and CG nub)? all i saw from the MP vid was the assault? also was it me or does it look like there's lots less recoil on the gun(s)?

may or may not pick it up depending on pricing and how much cash i have spare after all the new releases coming soon i.e. New vegas etc.

BF2 had 1 expansion pack (Special Forces) and it had 2 booster packs (Armored Fury and Euro Force).

BC2 Vietnam will have the same mechanics as BC2, but in a new setting and different armies/weapons.

BF2 had 1 expansion pack (Special Forces) and it had 2 booster packs (Armored Fury and Euro Force).

my bad i just remember seeing several different boxes with BF2 on them i assumed they were all expansions. you did still have to pay for them all (unless you got them in the 1.5 patch). i didn't really get into BF2, my internet connection was horrible back then, practically dial-up

Its only 4 new maps AFAIK. So I can't imagine them charging more then $10-$15 for it. I'll buy it if its that much.

Four new multiplayer maps, 15 new weapons and six vehicles, to be precise.

I don't think I'll be getting this if it's not free since it's practically useless because it doesn't add anything to the original BC2, but is like it's own little game, so I don't actually gain or loose anything if I don't have it.

I don't think I'll be getting this

I don't actually gain or loose anything if I don't have it.

paraphrased you so i could :withstupid:

i think i've had my fair share of BC2. $45 for 170hrs. i think its fair to say i got my moneys worth :P

for those of you saying about its only 4 maps what are the odds of there being additional maps down the track like they did with BC2?