Mouse Problems

Cuztom15

hey i was wondering if anyone elses mouse did this, my mouse if i move it real slow across the screen or even normal it jumps, and im using a hard optical mouse pad, its made by like brite-mat. I also tried my wooden desk and regular rubber mouse pad but it still skips. Its a microsoft wireless optical mouse blue and i have changed the batteries. Also, whats a good wireless gaming mouse in case i cant fix this, optical of course...?

Edited by Cuztom15

now is the mouse moving easily, or the cursor. if it is the cursor try putting the ps2 adapter on and see if that helps, it could be the usb port doing weird things.....do wireless come with a ps2 adapter? lol anywho all I know is on my gigabyte mb it started doing that with my intellimouse explorer 3.0, and when I put it into the ps2 it worked fine.

Also, whats a good wireless gaming mouse in case i cant fix this, optical of course...?

that's exactly why I don't use wireless. Wired is the way to go for gaming. Although I've heard good things about the Logitech MX series...i think the wireless one is the 500?

hmm, I was sure I replied to this one...

try taking off the PS2 adapter if it is on, I have had a PS2 port go bad but the mouse was usb with an adapter, same symptoms. It wasnt wireless that I had, just some generic ball mouse, but same symptoms same solution?

Also I did have an optical logitech go bad after too many drops... :O

• 1 month later...

my old wired logitech usb optical mouse (it was one of the first ones on the market) started doing that after i had it for a while. i have the mx700 now and it runs flawlessly. i couldn't believe how smooth it is, puts all the wired mice i've used to shame

iv concluded.. microsoft optical wireless mice are crap.. the friggin batteries are like.. so expensave.. and they dont last THAT long.. so i stick with corded.. the corded microsoft mice pawn.. they are great..

BTW.. make shure you dont have a speeker next to your mouse recever.. the magnet could distort the signal.

that's exactly why I don't use wireless. Wired is the way to go for gaming. Although I've heard good things about the Logitech MX series...i think the wireless one is the 500?

The 300 and 500 are wired. The 700 is the wireless version of the 500.