Concerts you've been to or are going to?

Miek

Last two I saw were Metallica and Incubus. This has been probably 6-8 years, though. Don't make it to too many concerts. Incubus rocked my face off. It was their tour for their Morning View album. Saw 311 around the same time and they were merely "blah." In concert all their songs just sounded the same and the sounds just blended together to form a joyless amalgamation of sounds which sounded nothing like music. Highly overrated band, anyway. I know too many people who've seen them a dozen times in concert and KEEP paying to go here the same half-assed songs over and over again. To each his own, though, to each his own.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last two I saw were Metallica and Incubus. This has been probably 6-8 years, though. Don't make it to too many concerts. Incubus rocked my face off. It was their tour for their Morning View album. Saw 311 around the same time and they were merely "blah." In concert all their songs just sounded the same and the sounds just blended together to form a joyless amalgamation of sounds which sounded nothing like music. Highly overrated band, anyway. I know too many people who've seen them a dozen times in concert and KEEP paying to go here the same half-assed songs over and over again. To each his own, though, to each his own.

Incubus are amazing :blush:

Just dusted off the ticket stub stack...

Well my first real concert was Iron Maiden 6/21/88 (I was 11 lol), then again on 1/3/91

Saw Guns and Roses 2 times, Metallica once in early 90's

Things start to get fun in 1994...

6/22/94 Pink Floyd

7/24,25/94 Grateful Dead

11/12/94 Rolling Stones

7/8,9/95 Grateful Dead RIP Jerry

7/28/96 Crosby Stills Nash

8/10/96 Phish

9/7/96 Neil Young

11/13/96 Phish

5/10/97 Widespread Panic

7/25/97 Furthur Festival

8/8/97 Phish

8/9/97 Phish

8/10/97 Phish

8/11/97 Phish

8/13/97 Phish

8/14/97 Phish

8/16,17/97 Phish

8/29/97 Bob Dylan

9/25/97 Robert Hunter

11/8/97 Ratdog

6/12/98 Jimmy Page and Robert PLant

8/1/98 Phish

8/2/98 Phish

8/3/98 Phish

8/12/98 Allman Bros Band

10/2/98 Widespread Panic

10/22/98 Bob Dylan

11/6/98 Phish

7/24/99 Phish

7/25/99 Phish

7/26/99 Phish

*Girlfriend gets pregnant*

10/1/99 Phish

10/2/99 Phish

10/30/99 Bob Dylan and Phil LEsh

10/31/99 The Radiators

12/30/99 Phish

12/31/99 Phish

2/18/00 The Radiators

9/24/00 Phish

10/25/01 Bob Dylan

8/3/03 The Dead and Bob Dylan

3/10/04 Bob Dylan

6/29/07 Dark Star Orchestra

6/30/07 Roger Waters

There have been about 5 or 6 other Dark Star shows and a couple Ratdog evenings in there. Things really slow down when the kids start coming lol. I was on quite an epic run there for a couple years.

Oh, and coming up I have a Dark Star Orchestra show in October, and Furthur in November. Pretty excited!!

Edited by Utmost

That's a hell of a list, Utmost. I must say I envy you as Pink Floyd is one of my favorite bands and I would have LOVED to have seen them in concert. They were definitely before my time but I would have loved to see them nonetheless. Meddle, Dark Side and Wish You Were Here are three of my favorite albums! The Allman Brothers Band are outstanding as well! The rest of that list pretty much rocks, too. Something tells me you're a Phish fan. tongue.gif

Besides some bands from the early to mid-nineties (a la Radiohead, Smashing Pumpkins and some others) and less than a handful from the new millennium (really like me some Incubus, to name one) I find newer music uninteresting and usually quite bland and/or generic. You can't go wrong with some of the classic 60's and 70's groups like the Floyd, Zeppelin and others. I must admit I have a real soft spot for Creedance Clearwater Revival as well. Guess in a musical sense I was born about 20 years too late. Oh how I loathe the death of the guitar solo! These little 20 second riffs passing for solos today are a joke. Can't beat a good Rick Wright synth solo either, for that matter!

But yeah, impressive stub collection. I have to admit concerts don't do it for me as much as they do for a lot of folks, but I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that I have little interest in most of the music floating around nowadays. Guess I should just give up already, come to my senses and believe what "they" are telling me is true that Nickelback really is a good band. Heh, not likely.

Let's see, I've seen: Yngwie Malmsteen, Dream Theater, The Scorpions, Joe Satriani, Dragonforce, Turisas, Van Halen, Ozzy Osbourne, ZZ Top, Styx, Foreigner, Def Leppard, Iron Maiden, and I know I'm missing quite a few more.

A few notable classical musicians I've seen are Itzhak Perlman and Kazuhito Yamashita. Both of these were incredible.

Shows I'd like to see are: Ensiferum, Kivimetsän Druidi, Alestorm, Adagio, Paul Gilbert, Eric Johnson, Dokken, Pagan's Mind, Rhapsody of Fire, and I'll always go see Yngwie Malmsteen and Dream Theater any time they come through.

Edited by malmsteenisgod

Here is my small list.

Jackyl - August 04 Full Throttle Saloon Sturgis SD

Journey - August 05 Buffalo Chip Campground Sturgis SD

Motley Crue & Theory Of A Deadman - July 09 Minot ND

Three Six Mofia - August 08 Full Throttle Saloon Sturgis SD, I am so glad I did not pay for this concert this was by far the worst . I have ever heard in my life. I would much rather listen to Justin Beiber, they were that bad, the half naked women on the stage almost made this garbage tolerable to listen to.

Jackyl - August 09 Full Throttle Saloon Sturgis SD

Brett Michaels - August 10 Full Throttle Saloon Sturgis SD

Stone Temple Pilots - August 10 Monkey Rock Sturgis SD

Collective Soul - September 10 Deadwood SD

- Nickelback in '04 - best thing to come out of that was beer-o'clock and Three Days Grace was the support band (who i knew nothing of at the time but absolutely love now)

- Evanescence in '06

- Linkin Park '07. Going to see them again in december but i really dont like the new album that they're promoting.

i feel so young. i wasn't even born when motley crue's dr feelgood came out

Well, I'm one of the older members so.........

Van Halen

Aerosmith

Judas Priest

Motley Crew

Bon Jovi

Scorpions

Dokken

Metallica

Blue Oyster Cult

AC/DC

Collective Soul

Def Leppard

Doobie Brothers

Eric Clapton

The Eagles

Fleetwood Mac

John Mayer

Kiss

Quiet Riot

Sammy Hagar

Whitesnake

ZZTop

Peter Gabriel

Johnny Winters

George Thorogood and The Delaware Destroyers

The Rolling Stones

I've seen several of these artists multiple times. My first concert was Van Halen in '79. I'm pretty sure I've missed a couple groups but.........

Edited by TechFreak

Chimaira, Dragonforce, Killswitch Engage

Red Chord, Black Dahlia Murder, Cannibal Corpse

Dethklok and I can't remember the non headlining bands

3 Inches of Blood, Black Dahlia Murder(I think)

Black Dahlia Murder, Behemoth, Cannibal Corpse

Chimaira, Goatwhore, Amon Amarth

Mastodon, Dethklok

And there was another one, but I don't remember any of the bands.