The Console Looks Strange.

tarkins

I just started a new wu and look at the console:

Usually, it worked by step.

Anyone has the same thing?

if you scrolled up, you would see that it downloaded a new core. FahCore_65. So that's what the new core displays as I'm assuming. The old core was FahCore_78. I got the 65 earlier today as well. Still have the 78 on my computer, so I dunno if it'll be used or not, depending on what protein you get, or if the 65 replaces the 78 for good. I'm just confused on what it exactly is, since 65 comes BEFORE 78 numerically, so how can it be an upgrade? :huh:<_>

They are 2 different cores.

One is a Tinker the one that takes for ever (65).

One is a Gromacs the one that is really quick (78).

It all differs by what the Stanford servers want your computer to fold.

Do you get more points for completing a Tinker WU over a Gromac? I would hope so if you say it takes forever. If not, is there a way to choose which to do?

I have it set to only do folding, not that genome whatever it is (G@H?). I'm on my 11th WU on this computer and this is the first time it downloaded the 65core.

servers want your computer to fold. Do you get more points for completing a Tinker WU over a Gromac?  I would hope so if you say it takes forever.  If not, is there a way to choose which to do?

I have it set to only do folding, not that genome whatever it is (G@H?).  I'm on my 11th WU on this computer and this is the first time it downloaded the 65core.

tinkers can be worth more then gromacs cores. however i've found if you divide the points each is worth by the time it takes to finish them, gromacs give you better a better value.

if you use the -advmethods flag you tend to get gromacs over tinkers

also the tinkers are the older of the two cores.