Sign in to follow this  
Shadowtroop

R.I.P. My 5970

well ladies and gents, looks like i killed my card :( or at least ii think i did.

seems like it wont load textures in my games. sometimes its the gun models sometimes its the clothing, its random.

i popped in my trusty 5770 to make sure it was the card and it was :(

heres some pics of the 5770 and with the 5970

iw4sp2010091221401111.png

iw4sp2010091221305503.png

borderlands201009122129.png

borderlands201009121935.png

is this what happens when a video card fails?

Sometimes there are lines. As well as blocks, with odd colors all over the freaking place.

I can swear it has to do with drivers. If a card is dead you would be getting more issues like artifacting and blinking screens.

while the 5970 is installed go into ati catalyst and go under 3d, then click on the mipmap tab, it should be set on quality. If it is already then idk whats wrong.

Edited by AddictedGamer93

Thats some odd Problem.. :huh: I dont think its hardware related, id check the catalyst control center, head over to the 3D tab and select the "all" tab at the end, make sure everythings in order there, by the looks of the screenshots id say the games are having problems with the texture LOD settings, could be driver related (i remember with the 9.11 drivers or something i had some Strange problems in borderlands) but id wager it being heat as ccoke above me has said, clean up any dust buildup inside the case as these 5XXX Series tend to suck in wads of it through the front batman style intakes. Good luck!

I've had some problems like that , it was caused by the 10.6 and 10.7 drivers . Try the AMD 9.12 hotfix driver , its one of the best that dont cause problems.

I'd agree with the others and dust it out .Minmap tab should be set to quality and make sure catalyst A.i is on advanced. Otherwise check your multisampling menu and change to super sampling and check if that fixes it.

Edited by Nyt Ryda

Turn up the fan speeds a touch and blow out the heatsinks. The 5970 gets hot !

Yeah ive had similar probs with GPU due to heat. Pull the card if you havent already and either take apart and clean Heatsink and fan or blow it out with pressured air and then turn up the fan. See what you get.

while the 5970 is installed go into ati catalyst and go under 3d, then click on the mipmap tab, it should be set on quality. If it is already then idk whats wrong.

:cheers: i think that did it. thanks everyone

What exactly is everyone looking at in the screenshots? Lol, they all look fine to me <_< (noob)