Juliobmc

What´s the actually best video card?

If you want the most power, go for GTX 480 quad SLI. It costs A LOT and it's not price efficient at all. But that's the fastest a man can get at the moment for gaming...

Hell, you can turn your furnace off in the wihter with 3 of those puppies but still need a part time job to support the electric bill.

wait for the 6000 amd series

I agree with cery25. The new 6000's from amd will be like a 5970 and a 480 had a baby and that baby was on crack. Their gonna be sick(but very costly).

4 or 3 GTX480s would fail miserably at gaming. So would 2 HD5970's. The micro lag/micro stuttering would just be nasty. (Quad is only good for benchmarks really, games not so much).

HD5970 is the best single card(Its a dual GPU card, but only one card).

Three GTX 480's would easily heat up a small house in the winter without having to turn on the furnace.

Not to mention you would need a 1400 watt or higher PSU to power all that.

In most of the reviews of graphics cards I've seen, the 5970 and GTX480 swap top fps in most games. 2 GTX480's will destroy a 5970.

The GTX480 does not beat the 5970 in very many games or benches. You can look at the most recent review OCC did on the XFX Black Edition 5970 and see this even more clearly. But that isn't saying anything but the 5970 has dual gpu's, while the 480 is only a single! But, you don't have to have a XFX BE 5970, Toxic 5970, or a Ares to beat a GTX 480! You only need any 5970 out to do it! 2 x GTX480 though is a different story, of course it will beat a 5970, the technology came over 6 months later! However I will still take my 5970 that runs cooler than 1 GTX 480, let alone 2, 6 days a week, and twice on Sunday :)

The GTX480 does not beat the 5970 in very many games or benches. You can look at the most recent review OCC did on the XFX Black Edition 5970 and see this even more clearly. But that isn't saying anything but the 5970 has dual gpu's, while the 480 is only a single! But, you don't have to have a XFX BE 5970, Toxic 5970, or a Ares to beat a GTX 480! You only need any 5970 out to do it! 2 x GTX480 though is a different story, of course it will beat a 5970, the technology came over 6 months later! However I will still take my 5970 that runs cooler than 1 GTX 480, let alone 2, 6 days a week, and twice on Sunday :)

I'll agree on that !! :cheers: I have never regretted going from a GTX480 to a 5970. My GTX480 was way too hot for my liking .