What´s the actually best video card?

Juliobmc

What's the best?

Some people say that the best video card is the Sapphire Toxic Radeon HD 5970, others say that is the ASUS ARES and others say that is the GeForce GTX 295, please help me

Sorry for my english

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fastest card is the 5970

The fastest single-GPU card is the GTX 480 (there is no dual GPU GTX 400 series card.)

But I would think that dual 5970's would still be faster than 3-way GTX 480s.

That depends on what you are going to do with it, otherwise it would be that simple.

One question is, are you going to run just a single card?

And how much are you willing to spend?

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/reviews/xfx_radeon_hd_5970

http://www.guru3d.com/article/asus-ares-review/1

The Ares is a 5970 also so you could get a regular 5970 and tweak it.

I think if you are just running games then your on the right track the 5970

is a dual gpu and a killer card, but whatever you get make sure, for the future, it is a DX11 capable.

A GTX 295 is not.

The Ati cards start to slow a little in DX11 compared to the Nivida Cards.

Always look at the date on the reviews, a lot can change in 6 months.

The Nivida cards are better for Folding@Home and will run Physx.

If I was going to spend that much money I would be looking at 480GTX in SLI.

:withstupid: It's all very well having the best of the best but can you utilise it to its full potential?

What's with all the html tags in your post davidst, <br> this, <br> that with the ocassional &nbsp, makes it difficult to read, at least for me. ;)

:withstupid: It's all very well having the best of the best but can you utilise it to its full potential?

What's with all the html tags in your post davidst? Makes it difficult to read, at least for me. ;)

it's wierd the <br> is a Carrige Returns (enter key) if I change the font before I post it's ok

i remember getting a 6800 Ultra for $450 just to see the 7800 come out 6months later cheaper and faster. like everyone else, if you have money to burn get the best otherwise save a few and get midrange.

I dunno why anyone would spend so much money for THE fastest gpu power. Quad 480 is extremely expensive and ridiculous with zero use atm unless it's for a certain job that would require so much gpu juice, which I don't think exists. If had so much extra money, I'd probably be a bit wiser on how to spend it.