Sign in to follow this  
BobO1978

1055t system hang after overclocking 3.4 GHz

I just bought a Phenom ii X6 1055t the other day and I cannot get it past 3.4 GHz, the system hangs at the windows starting screen as well, anybody have any suggestions?

Tried upping the voltage and the same thing happens, with turbo core turned off I can set the fsb to 243 max any higher and I get the hang at the "starting windows" screen. My mobo is a Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H with 4x1Gb DDR2 1066.

Edited by BobO1978

Possibilities:

1. It is too hot. (Probably not though.)

2. The overclock is not stable. This could be because your chip just can't go that high.

3. The voltage is too low. If it is not the first two, then it is this. Make sure when changing the voltage that you do not raise it too high (to prevent damage.)

Possibilities:

1. It is too hot. (Probably not though.)

2. The overclock is not stable. This could be because your chip just can't go that high.

3. The voltage is too low. If it is not the first two, then it is this. Make sure when changing the voltage that you do not raise it too high (to prevent damage.)

This. I was reTARDED when i first tried OC'ing my i5, and thought my oc wasn't stable because I hadn't raised the voltage enough with a 155 fsb. Turns out, i can run a stable 173 fsb at stock voltage, I was over volting my chip, and that's why it was crashing. I would do some research and see what other people have gotten with your chip.

I hit 4ghz w/o any voltages, is yours the 95 watt chip ? If so, that one's voltage is much lower and must be raised .

ive got one too.. running at 3.99 ghz @ 1.4v.. ran 3.71 without touching voltage...

check ur ram speed and maybe ur HT and NB speeds.. ive got mine set to 2280 i think and my ram is at 1519mhz from memory... had to up the voltage on NB and RAM

but u should hit 3.5 no problems running 250fsb and set the NB and HT to 9 and memory to 5.33 from memory..