$11k Build

RogerDeath

It'd be interesting to see if you can run MSI Kombuster on that without blowing up the power supply - the quad GTX 480s can pull well over the maximum output of that power supply on their own.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was under the impression that four GTX 480s can only run the Vantage benchmark and nothing else. Any games would just see three cards due to a driver limitation by NVIDIA. I don't know if they removed that but it was there.

It'd be interesting to see if you can run MSI Kombuster on that without blowing up the power supply - the quad GTX 480s can pull well over the maximum output of that power supply on their own.

Yeah. I want to see how much time it can run MSI Kombuster and Prime95 before blowing up.

I was under the impression that four GTX 480s can only run the Vantage benchmark and nothing else. Any games would just see three cards due to a driver limitation by NVIDIA. I don't know if they removed that but it was there.

Even CUDA applications cant use four?

@ebarone: Nope, I was specifically told that I shouldn't reveal this info by the guys that will actually be using it day-to-day.

I don't think it can be that secretive if its coming from a university lol

How about you switch around some words and what not for us that way you're not actually telling us what its being used for but in a way you are ;) I mean its just a forum i doubt they will have some 007 agents tracking your work :P

I don't think it can be that secretive if its coming from a university lol

How about you switch around some words and what not for us that way you're not actually telling us what its being used for but in a way you are ;) I mean its just a forum i doubt they will have some 007 agents tracking your work :P

If it's at UNM Los Alamos I could see them being hush-hush about it (although the OP wouldn't even be told then)...otherwise they're probably just being secretive for the sake of being secretive. :lol:

Even CUDA applications cant use four?

Seems you can use four in benchmarking other games and programs. But uh, 3-way GTX 480s may get you 60fps in Metro 2033 at AAA and Very High settings at 1920x1080. Four will get you 64fps. So is it worth it?

Taken from here. Just need to translate it. :P