System Bottleneck??

Well i got another 5770 two days ago. Previously i scored 18,392 in 3DMark06 with a single 5770. Now that i have two the score went to just over 20,192. I would have thought that my score would have increased a lot more that it did. Im thinkin it's either my cpu or ram, but figuring that my cpu is clocked pretty high i kinda doubt it. What do you guys think??

Edited by AddictedGamer93

Well i got another 5770 two days ago. Previously i scored 18,392 with a single 5770. Now that i have two the score went to just over 20,192. I would have thought that my score would have increased a lot more that it did. Im thinkin it's either my cpu or ram, but figuring that my cpu is clocked pretty high i kinda doubt it. What do you guys think??

Aside from making sure your Radeon drivers are fully updated, I would go ahead and say that your RAM is the culprit. 2gb just does not cut it these days, especially with Vista and Windows 7.

Aside from making sure your Radeon drivers are fully updated, I would go ahead and say that your RAM is the culprit. 2gb just does not cut it these days, especially with Vista and Windows 7.

That figures. So how much is enough? 4 gb? 8gb?

Edited by AddictedGamer93

If you're talking about 3DMark06, its your CPU... yea memory speed has an impact, but capacity doesnt, and your mem speed is already solid. Make your CPU sweat hard for a couple mins and you'll see a good score increase

If you're talking about 3DMark06, its your CPU... yea memory speed has an impact, but capacity doesnt, and your mem speed is already solid. Make your CPU sweat hard for a couple mins and you'll see a good score increase

what do you mean by make it sweat hard?