Sign in to follow this  
El_Capitan

Find the most fail Newegg review

I usually look through some Newegg Reviews and find some funny reviews. For instance:

DrXtreme: 4 out of 5 eggsRating: 4/5Update to my review from 7/28/2010 for the ASUS P6X58D Premium

Pros: Well Documented BIOS compared to many other boards. Can use SATA 3 along with SATA 6 and IDE channels. 2 USB Ports.

I must apologize to Asus for slamming them in my review on 7/28/2010. They did not deserve that, so I want to go on the record publicly offering an apology for diss'ing them.

They have now worked with me to help me figure attempt to figure out this memory issue. I have contacted my memory supplier and tried every setting they recommended - none worked. Only manually setting the BIOS to 1066 MGHz for RAM allowed the board to show 8 Gigs of the 12 installed.

Cons: There is NO definitive way to confirm a memory controller failure. I have ran Intel's CPU diagnostics and it fails at the same point every time with no indication of why. I ran Memtest. I have ran every memory and CPU test I can buy or download with no luck. I now have the RTM version of Piriform's Speccyand between it and CPUz I truly believe this is a failing Memory Controller that is ON Die of the CPU, but I have no way to confirm this. Speccy shows I have 6 slots, with 6 slots populated, but only 4 slots reporting. I can put any ram from the QVL list in those slots alone and the system won't post. I have been trying to work with Intel, but that is like trying to communicate with someone who won't answer the phone at times.

Other Thoughts: I REALLY Wish I would have bought a 6 core AMD and an MSI or Gigabyte board now. I have over 9 grand into this system and feel like I could have ordered a Dell Studio for 1200 and had as strong a performer. I know this board when the memory issue is resolved will be a killer!! Benchmarks are great for what I have, Only thing that really needs to be changed is the 2nd PCI-E 16 lane slot needs to be farther down to allow the Vid cards to breath better.

Over 9 grand?

Cool... 9grand of system is not a personal computer anymore, you can put 4x5970 with i7 980X or even crossfired Ati Fire Pro with 6 monitor.....it is a personal super computer.... I think I just take 4grand to built a rig and save the 5grand...imagine how many ice cream I could buy with 5 grand.. :)

You cant put 4x5970s,i think its limited to only 4 gpus in crossfire.

I think he was just joking Joel , the max you can do is 4 gpu's . The fastest 4 gpus on earth is 4 way SLI GTX480 512sp editions.

You cant put 4x5970s,i think its limited to only 4 gpus in crossfire.

9grand for a system is very overloaded...so I think of something that over too.. I would not buy a rig for 9grand...that a waste.. :( but imagine you can put up to 8 GPUs in you xfire system....what a beast. sure later it will ^^

but imagine you can put up to 8 GPUs in you xfire system....what a beast. sure later it will ^^

When I imagine that I also imagine CrossfireX scaling sitting at somewhere between bad and pathetic. :lol: