Sign in to follow this  
El_Capitan

Find the most fail Newegg review

When I imagine that I also imagine CrossfireX scaling sitting at somewhere between bad and pathetic. :lol:

hahaha..why do you think so? I can't imagine the development of PC games in the future. Will it be sold in 2 bluray disc?? it is crazy man! nowadays, 5970 single 2GB is very overkill for gaming...I can't imagined peoples crossfired it...

hahaha..why do you think so? I can't imagine the development of PC games in the future. Will it be sold in 2 bluray disc?? it is crazy man! nowadays, 5970 single 2GB is very overkill for gaming...I can't imagined peoples crossfired it...

At Eyefinity resolutions that is certainly not overkill. And why bluray? More like entire hard drives, lol.

Hey DrXtreme, what does the scouter say about the cost of his rig?!

My current rig:

CPU = $200 (Microcenter before i7 930's - though soon to be an i7 950 for $250 at Microcenter)

Cooling = $85 (though soon to be $220 with watercooling)

Motherboard = $270 (Newegg special)

RAM = $130 each (Newegg special)

Video Cards = $440 (Ok, I splurged here)

SSD = $260 (SuperBiiz special, cheaper now though)

HDD's = $240 (special many different places, $60 each)

PSU = $130 (Newegg special)

Case = $130 (Mwave special)

Mouse = Free (gift from my bro)

Keyboard = $50 (Amazon special)

Monitors = $400 for both monitors (Newegg special and Craigslist)

Software = MSDN (Free through use of a partner company)

All the systems I have besides my main rig are from the ones I built to use at different offices, and I just upgrade them from my home computer, and sell those that I don't need. Sometimes the companies just buy them rather than getting new ones from Dell, but not all the time.

All tax deductible since it's for my office/home office. Still, all this is just only $2,225. I spent maybe $4300 on my server I built a year ago (Dual Quad Xeon 5520's, 24GB ECC 1066 RAM, Intel x25-m 160GB SSD, 2 1TB RAID 0, SATA II Controller Card 8 port with 8 1TB RAID 10 and BBU, etc.). That would still leave me $2,375 compared to this guy.

Edited by El_Capitan