Sign in to follow this  
Liclac

Reg.exe has stopped Working, help!

I got this message when I want to run an executable file. This is from an old game. I am using windows 7 home premium 64bit. And the game won't run, I have been looking for this game for a long time and I just finished downloading it, but it won't run...

The game has a file in it, named "reg.exe" as an application. If I start the game, it won't start and told me the reg.exe has stopped working. when I run the reg.exe file that given from the game, I just found the reg.exe has stopped working again. I have scanned all of the files with antivirus, and no virus at all.

Here is the error log...

Problem Event Name: BEX

Application Name: reg.exe

Application Version: 0.0.0.0

Application Timestamp: 44eeabe9

Fault Module Name: StackHash_0a9e

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000

Exception Offset: 0018fedb

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Data: badc0de1

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Is there any conclusion for this so I can run the exe game files??

Help me please.. I will appreciate your help. I have been waiting to play this game. thank you... :D

Best regards

Liclac

what game is it and have you tried running it in compatibility mode yet?

Sorry wevsspot, but I don't know the title, it is a japanese fighting game, the title is in japanese, I just know that is the game I has been looking for from the screenshots. :D

some japanese games sometimes hard to be executed, I don't know why..

How to run the game in compatibility mode? I have heard a software that can be used in windows 7 to run softwares that only compatible with windows XP. XP mode if I true..how about that?

regards

you may be getting an error because of unicode. Download applocale and try running it through that. Make sure to select Japanese as the language. If I recall correctly, its at the very bottom of the list and starts with a squared off 8 looking symbol.

you may be getting an error because of unicode. Download applocale and try running it through that. Make sure to select Japanese as the language. If I recall correctly, its at the very bottom of the list and starts with a squared off 8 looking symbol.

I have just downloaded the applocale, but when I want to install it, in the middle of progress, this message occurred:

"There is a problem with windows installer package. A program that required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor"

It is so hard to play a game.. T.T do you have any other conclusion?

thanks

start - control panel - region language - administrative - change system locale to JP

restart

thanks but it didn't work, the problem is still the same. Reg.exe has stopped working. I have to get the reg.exe working to play this game... T.T oh my god..