Overclocking a core I7

Boinker

Well look at me go. Here is a screenshot after an hour of OCCT linpack... I was able to lower my Vcore down to a more comfortable 1.25V so Im happy its stable there. Ill be dropping the Vcore more and adjusting things down to find there threshold also dropped the Full load down about 6c so thats even better. :D

Stable at 3.80ghz @ 1.250 Volts V-core.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well look at me go. Here is a screenshot after an hour of OCCT linpack... I was able to lower my Vcore down to a more comfortable 1.25V so Im happy its stable there. Ill be dropping the Vcore more and adjusting things down to find there threshold also dropped the Full load down about 6c so thats even better. :D

Stable at 3.80ghz @ 1.250 Volts V-core.

Nice! My i7 920 d0 isn't that great compared to others. 3.9GHz @ 1.3v was the best medium I could get.

The i7-950, are down to $300 on Newegg now.. ditch those 920's while the gettins good! Lol, But seriously if you arent happy with your 920, Intel is trying to get rid of their stock of 950's they are like $10 more than a 930... absolutely amazing, 23x Multiplier FTW???!? And im sure you can sell your "Gently used" 920 online somewhere :-P