NVIDIA GT420!

MrAlex

Well damn, that sounds pretty sweet. The 340M is a nice part but to have the 440M be twice as fast would be just insane. Hopefully they pair that with Optimus so we can switch between it and the onboard graphics to conserve battery life.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/3887/nvidia-400m-dx11-top-to-bottom

here's the article

Yeah, I had seen that. The mainstream parts, like the 435M, 425M, and 420M are all identical imo so I wonder what the performance difference, if any, will be like for those. The 470M and 460M interest me greatly, as does the 445M. However, I hope NVIDIA implements Optimus in with a few of those chips to help on the battery usage if you need to be on the go with the laptop.

Yeah, I had seen that. The mainstream parts, like the 435M, 425M, and 420M are all identical imo so I wonder what the performance difference, if any, will be like for those. The 470M and 460M interest me greatly, as does the 445M. However, I hope NVIDIA implements Optimus in with a few of those chips to help on the battery usage if you need to be on the go with the laptop.

There going to throw Optimus on EVERYTHING. Even the new tegra 2 chip has it.

There going to throw Optimus on EVERYTHING. Even the new tegra 2 chip has it.

Well thats kind of nice then provided the discrete chip switches off when Optimus is enabled. I've seen a few laptops that leave them both running at the same time which kind of defeats the purpose imo.