EVGA power supply?

http://www.evga.com/products/moreInfo.asp?pn=100-PS-1200-GR&family=Peripherals&sw=22

Did anyone else notice this? EVGA generally makes good products, but I'm not so sure about that power supply. I can't find a review though, so I'm just going buy my gut feeling.

http://www.evga.com/products/moreInfo.asp?pn=100-PS-1200-GR&family=Peripherals&sw=22

Did anyone else notice this? EVGA generally makes good products, but I'm not so sure about that power supply. I can't find a review though, so I'm just going buy my gut feeling.

I'm pretty sure it's just a rebrand with a few tweaks of the Antec TPQ 1200W

I'm probably wrong, but I thought I read that somewhere.. credible too, I just can't find the link. :\

Well then. I thought for a minute EVGA was branching out, but I guess they're just tweaking and re-selling.

A lot of companies do that. Look at Alienware, the keyboard and mouse they sell is just a tweaked Logitech G15 and G9x. The headset they sell is a tweaked Steelseries 5H v2. The monitor they sell is probably a tweaked Acer 120hz model. :lol: Sure, its different than a company like EVGA but you get the idea.

Now that I'm looking, I see what you mean. I never noticed before, but probably because I wasn't looking for it.

You already have a 750 watt unit, why do you need 30 or even 50% more? :P

But yeah, a lot of companies just rebrand units done by others. Like with power supplies, there are only so many OEMs out there who actually make the internals and then a ton of other companies just put their labeling on the unit and sell it as one of their own.

I wasn't posting because I want a new one. I was posting becaue I thought it was cool as EVGA never made a PSU before.

I am perfectly happy with my PSU. :P It's made by Corsair, not rebranded as Corsair. :D Super efficeint, cool, quiet, I love it. :D

Edited by Miek

Really? Are you sure...? I did not see anything like that on the label on the back. Corsair was the only brand.

If I'd have known that I would have just bought a Seasonic or CWT. -.- (if it IS the case).

Edited by Miek