Whats Bad About Having Your Agp /pci Over 66/33?

whats bad about having your agp /pci over 66/33? mine is currently 70/35, what would happen if i leave it like this? if its @ 66/33, i would not be able to OC

Think of it as overclocking the buses. It puts your cards (and your onboard IDE controller) under stress. It can cause data corruption in some cases. 70/35 is fine, in my opinion. 74/37 is really pushing it, I think.

Anybody else's experiences?

:withstupid: Just as everyone else said, it simply causes problems. Typically us overclockers think of faster as being better...that is not the case with agp/pci bus speeds. Pci and agp cards are designed for a completely standardized clock speed, and even a little variation can cause instability. However, don't let that stop you from overclocking or anything. Locked pci/agp clocks are a new thing...we all overclocked back in the day with unlocked bus speeds, and apparantly it didn't do anything TOO bad, right? As long as you're stable, then don't worry about it. But if you increase your overclock some more and it becomes unstable, it's entirely possible that the cpu isn't the thing causing the instability...it could very well be the pci/agp devices instead. So basically unlocked agp/pci clocks just add another variable you have to take into account when overclocking.

good posts..... and to add one more thing....

upping the AGP/PCI bus is NOT the same thing as overclocking your video card...

some cards are affecting more by running the bus out of spec...

PCI NIC cards seem to be some of the worst....

some video cards handle a screwy bus speed better than others...

I will say that like ANY overclocking...the risk is that you could fry something