Sign in to follow this  
d3bruts1d

Would you rent movies through YouTube?

60 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rent movies through YouTube?

Rumors suggest YouTube may get movie rentals by the end of the year. Would you use a movie rental service through YouTube?

Can't say I'd ever see the point. YouTube is for user submitted content. Renting movies would go against that (in my opinion), unless every movie was amateurly made by Youtube users, in which case they probably wouldn't sell well anyway :P

the whole media industry needs a kick in the pants not a new way to get money out of us. there comming out with so many ways to make money without giving any ownership of what there selling.

u buy a car u own it , u buy a painting u own it, u buy a stick of gum u own it . but if u buy media your just using it.

if i see 1 more ad with someone who makes 20 million a movie talking about how copying a movie is taking food off there tables i am gona tear out my eyebrows

• Like 2

No, I wouldn't pay to rent movies through YouTube. The current state of affairs with YouTube is bad enough already and the last thing we need is them trying to ram another "useful new feature" down our throats.

if i see 1 more ad with someone who makes 20 million a movie talking about how copying a movie is taking food off there tables i am gona tear out my eyebrows

Ironically, I'd pay to see that :whistling:

I don't rent movies, so no.

Unless they will be renting them for $1 and give me access to the movie (unlimited) for 24 hours...well no.

I could easily get a movie at the "red box" for a dollar, and it isn't due till the next day (no late fees.)

I don't see youtube replacing that...

If it offers streaming a such, then yes, because smaller countries don't have rental services. It would be nice to kept up to date with the latest movies :cheers:. Especially if it was cheap. Would be nice if they supported it for the PS3 as well :thumbsup:

the quality better be damn good. And at low price...something that competes with netflix

YouTube can't even deliver low-quality user content without it hanging and stuttering - there's no way I'd pay them money to deliver content to me.

I doubt I would.

I don't really rent many movies online. If I did I would stick with using my Xbox 360 or iTunes Store.