Nemo

H70 Water Cooling Kit by Corsair Reviewed

its not cold and its not hot i am sittin at my comp desk in my undees.lol

Thanks for that wonderful picture :lol:

Off!

I have got to get new fans. I've got a rx360 rad and my idle temps were like at stock 36-42 during day and 29-34 at night with speedstep on! Load temps stock 920 d0 1.2125v 1600mhz ram 1.25 cpuvtt volts at 52-54 max and all these other less glamorous coolers do just as well if not better!

Edited by davidm71

It really depends on your ambient temperatures and what the rest of your cooling system is. What are the rest of the water cooling components in your system?

My chip has a default vcore of 1.18v.

It really depends on your ambient temperatures and what the rest of your cooling system is. What are the rest of the water cooling components in your system?

My chip has a default vcore of 1.18v.

Well I have an Evga Classified with a 920 D0 38441716 batch chip at 1.2125 volts. Its mounted with a Heatkiller 3.0 Cu with TIM Consultants ThermalPaste. I have a XPSC RX360 rad mounted internally on the top inside of the case blowing air out with three Enermax Magma 120 69cfm 1.4 Pa Fans with three silverstone case fans (50cfm guess) pulling air out. The pump is a MCP655 Variable speed. I also two more Magmas as exhaust fans, and two San Ace 120 38mm intake fans. The thing is when I turn on I machine lets say at 22 C ambient the temps will look good at 33-36 idle. Play some games for an hour and my idle will be like 38-42 and I can feel heat coming at me from the wooden entertainment case (use to house a TV). If I prime blend in 25 ambient I'll get a spread of 50-55 degrees at stock. Last night it was cool at like 20 ambient and the spread was 46-50 degrees. My feeling is that my loop is inefficient at getting rid of the heat once it builds up. Also wanted better results for the time and money I put into it. Granted I did make some mistakes. Went with fans that were hyped too much and mounted the fans the wrong way...

Thanks.

my H50 is idle at 29c and full load at 38c after a hour 2 x 110cfm fans @ 4.0Ghz 1.45 vcore

no idea what the house temp is , its not cold and its not hot i am sittin at my comp desk in my undees.lol

Lol, I didn't want to know that!

If I brought single Scythe SY1225SL12SH 120mm 110cfm fan and have another 120mm fan laying around that does 93 cfm to replace the 2 that come with the Corsair H70 - which one should push and which one should pull? And why? Any science professors or fluids engineers present? Thanks. (:

I would say lower push / higher pull just for the fact that the other way around would produce a harmonic resonance of the fins that would be detrimental to the optimum air flow.

In other words, I have no idea :biggrin:

is this still happening?

What? Did I break a rule? Oh no I didn't search for push pull fan configurations before posting. Am I about to be banned?!

//discontinuity//

I did finish my first FAH WU overnight for the occ team, I beg for leniency. (:

Weaker push than pull was my first guess too. Lemme see if I can find some more info in the rest of the forum or elsewhere. Thanks.

my H50 is idle at 29c and full load at 38c after a hour 2 x 110cfm fans @ 4.0Ghz 1.45 vcore

no idea what the house temp is , its not cold and its not hot i am sittin at my comp desk in my undees.lol

What kind of thermal interface did you use to get those results btw? Those are assume temps.

And did you set it up as an intake or exaust?

Edited by engstudent