Sign in to follow this  
AddictedGamer93

HD 5770 Crossfire vs GTX 460

In terms of raw power which one of these setup's is faster? I assume the CF 5770's is faster but i want to be sure before i do anything.

5770 CF fo sho, minus folding performance

Sweet. But im not really worried about folding, my internet is so bad i dont know if i can do it anyway. I guess ill start bumming my mom for money rofl.

Sweet. But im not really worried about folding, my internet is so bad i dont know if i can do it anyway. I guess ill start bumming my mom for money rofl.

Folding doesn't really take up much bandwidth, it's mostly just small downloads followed by intense GPU/CPU stress.

I'm sure Wev will hop in and comment on this one.....unless you are using old ATI drivers the 460's will surely beat the 4770's from what I have seen.....but I could be wrong. :)

They'll perform about the same in relation to the 460 as it would to the 5870. Because you already have one 5770, it will be significantly cheaper than buying a 460 and trying to sell the 5770.

I'm sure Wev will hop in and comment on this one.....unless you are using old ATI drivers the 460's will surely beat the 4770's from what I have seen.....but I could be wrong. :)

5770s should be a bit faster. My 4870X2 tends to trade blows with the 470 and the 5770s tend to lag slightly behind the X2 while the 460 is a decent bit slower for most everything.

Edited by Waco

Well i bought my 5770 at bestbuy, and currently there's a $5 difference between a 5770 and the gtx 460. Unfortunately it's the 768MB version.

EDIT:

ive found a 5850 on bestbuy's website for $90 more, so ill just return the 5770 and pay the difference. :P

Edited by AddictedGamer93

$200 :lol:

it's much easier for me to walk to bestbuy (already done 3 times) if i have problems than wait two weeks for it to be RMA'd :P

Edited by AddictedGamer93

$200 :lol:

it's much easier for me to walk to bestbuy (already done 3 times) if i have problems than wait two weeks for it to be RMA'd :P

LOL enjoy your $65 markup for instant returnability