Getting a New Phone

BluePanda

sure, I'll GTFO soon as you learn to read a newspaper kiddo

:snap:

Not really much of a source every time for the past few years just before apple has an announce someone always starts up a rumor its going to be that IPhone will be made available for the Verizon network and it never happens.

Anyways the Droid X or Droid 2 would probably the best choice.

Edited by fire_storm

I'm upgrading -- finally two years later, thanks verizon wireless for making me wait so long... do I go for that fancy droid x?? The adds have got to me and they say I NEED it? Who has an opinion?

I use an Eris & my daughter uses an Ally. I don't like sliding keyboards hence the Eris. The Eris is the best cell I've ever had. The Ally is nice if you want the keyboard. I don't text as often as most people.

I'm now jealous. I'm not eligible for and upgrade for another year. :-/

Wow, how did I ever doubt your verified claim?

I usually just skip over his posts. :whistling:

Edited by Waco

yah dude unlike yourself i AM eligible for an upgrade. Unfortunately my parents refuse to pay for the data plan for a droid x so im stuck with this. :cry:

Pay for it yourself then. ;)

:withstupid:

this is an excellent idea, I remember I wanted a certain phone, then I went to the store to play with it and hated it.

There's nothing like first hand experience in making a decision :thumbsup:

I forgot about the incredible, I love that phone (despite it not having a real keyboard, but I think it has a perfect sized screen aka not too big)

That's exactly what happened to me (sorry for quoting an older post in the thread, all the way back to yesterday, but I only just got to my computer wince Wednesday). I was seriously considering the Palm Pre Plus, but when I tried it, I hated it. WebOs was so funky, without any back ability, and the way you close things was so unintuitive to me. I actually didn't care for the idea of getting an Android phone (really I don't care much for Google, but that's another topic) but I tried a few there, already knew some about the Incredible. I tried all the smart phones there and only liked the Android interface, especially with Sense (tried it on the Eris) and decided, 'if I'm getting an Android phone, I'm getting the best.' That meant the Incredible, and I love it.

I have to stress this, I really, really thought I wanted a physical keyboard, but when I tried the ones there that I could, I didn't care for them. The buttons weren't so responsive or that comfortable (especially on the Pre) for me, but, thanks to it's internal specs, my Incredible is highly responsive when I use the virtual keyboard. I'm pretty sure I'm the fastest in my house for typing on a phone, even though I have the biggest hands, and my sister has the Devour, with a physical keyboard. By the way, DON'T get the Devour; she's on her third one because they keep having problems, and even this one is having issues (not charging properly or not holding a charge very long).

The screen size is great and the Incredible fits very well in my hand, which is something that is an issue with the DroidX. Bigger screen is awesome for when you look at it, but the size makes it cumbersome.

My brother wants a Droid 2, but he's waiting till September, for the Star Wars R2-D2 edition.

I know I shouldn't, but I will anyway, the Incredible, judged by CNet in a one of their review prizefights where three reviewers compare things to determine which is better, beat the iPhone 3GS (no iPhone 4 at the time), and I believe both the DroidX and Droid2 have beaten the iPhone 4. So, even if the iPhone does come to Verizon (if it's anytime soon, it won't be next month, but closer tonext year at/during/just after this years holidays) there are already better phones out, and there will be more coming, like the Samsung Fascinate (or whatever Verizon's Galaxy derivative is named).

To finish this, definitely go to a store and play with what they have and even talk to the floor people about what they like.

Samsung Epic preordered. Pick up Tuesday. The Galaxy S line are looking quite impressive.

When you get it tell me how it is!!

I want that phone, since finally someone gives a crap about putting a keyboard with a good processor on the sprint network :happy:

When you get it tell me how it is!!

I want that phone, since finally someone gives a crap about putting a keyboard with a good processor on the sprint network :happy:

Not a fan of the bloatware Samsung put all over the phone.

I love OLED's with a passion though.

Not a fan of the bloatware Samsung put all over the phone.

I love OLED's with a passion though.

Obviously I wouldn't get it right away, by the time I get it there will be custom rom's out da pooper!!

How else would I be enjoying my Hero like an Evo right now :thumbsup: