A hobby that increases in value?

Utmost

Anybody know a decent hobby where the value of things you buy increases? I don't mean stocks, but something like computers. It just sucks that the parts decrease in value so rapidly. Sure is fun though p

I guess I should have prefaced this by saying I mean small little investments. 100-400$ at a time. Would have to be a pretty crappy Ferrari to meet that.

Oh, and lets say "old stuff" doesn't count.

Edited by Utmost

Anybody know a decent hobby where the value of things you buy increases? I don't mean stocks, but something like computers. It just sucks that the parts decrease in value so rapidly. Sure is fun though p

the stock market/portfolio building, (if you're thorough and cautious) can be quite exhilerating and profitable...

Pokemon cards!!! LOL jk .... I think?

Magic the gathering has been around for nearly 20 years and some of the older cards are worth some $$.

I have about 500 from when I used to play and am saving them, might worth something in the future.

So ill say collectible cards in general go up in value over time, especially if you can get ones that have limited number of printings.

Large metal object collection, old cars, engine blocks... other large metal things can usually be bought for little to nothing and then sold for some nice cash. I bought a car at a garage sale, didn't run, four flat tires, and came with about 1000+ twist off bottle caps. Total investment including towing it home: $30, sale at a junk yard= $230 and $20 to get it there. Watch scrap iron prices and sit on your gold mine (rust mine?) until prices go up. Sometimes old things are fun even.

$180 profit and really I only invested some free time over the course of a few weeks.

Edited by gabrieltessin

I think with most items the value of something always starts off high when it's first sold then the value goes way down for many years and then after 60-70 years the value skyrockets again.

Just look at the Xbox360 when it first came out they were selling for a few thousand dollars and know they've been out for many years the cost to buy one is really low and will probably continue to drop for many more years and in maybe 60-70 years the price of and Xbox360 will probably go way up again as a collectors items.

I've always found that collecting things with the intentions of making money isn't a good idea because by the time the value skyrockets your too old or may not even be living to collect the reward.

If you want to invest in things that increase in value or give you fast money it be good to look into buying

Gold

Stocks (if you know what your doing)

Investments (if you know what your doing)

Green energy

Edited by fire_storm