Sign in to follow this  
tkrow21

Zune Slows PC

I started a thread on the Zune forums but was wondering if anyone here might know what's wrong?

http://forums.zune.net/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=617195#617195

edit: video.

edit 2: thread 2:

http://www.zuneboards.com/forums/general-zune-software/53430-zune-slows-pc.html#post517437

Edited by tkrow21

That sounds exactly like what I've been dealing with. I thought it was just that the zune software was utter garbage :teehee: and it was supposed to do that! I've only used it for syncing and not playing so I never worried too much about it.

It has worked fine for about a year though, and I use the Zune Pass for my music so I certainly need the software to be functional.

Just checked mine and it seems to work fine. I'll let it run for a little bit to see if everything starts slowing down at some point in the future....

bump, realized this happens during downloads and only finishes once the downloads finish.

Pretty odd, since that should only affect internet performance and not computer performance.

Pretty odd, since that should only affect internet performance and not computer performance.

The Zune software is literally the only program I've found that brings a computer to it's knees more than iTunes on Windows. :rolleyes:

The Zune software is literally the only program I've found that brings a computer to it's knees more than iTunes on Windows. :rolleyes:

It's a very recent issue and has nothing to do with CPU or memory usage.

I'm really, really confused.

I have no problem with the software slowing down, but when it brings my computer to its knees where it has trouble registering the fact that I click X, or highlight something, or bring up the start menu, that's what my problem is.

Check the programs cpu/mem usage. What you mentioned is classic "100% CPU consumption" symptoms

Really?

If you even watched the video you would see I go over that, a multiple amount of times.

Edited by tkrow21

When I download a podcast I don't see a slowdown of any kind. Maybe it's just a bug with the way Zune Pass works.

What about your Hard Drive activity? Other than CPU and Memory which you already covered I don't see why that should be happening

Edited by CowKing