Sign in to follow this  
WarWeeny

got an E5200 want a E6600

so i am doubting of upgrading my processor for the following reasons:

my mobo isnt that great (asus p5qpl-am) and has no voltage tweaks options for the processor.

my pentium E5200 is running at 3.3 ghz stable (274fbs) with stock voltages

i want to buy the e6600 to get 3.8 or higher with the same mobo but i doubt it will get that far... also because it is the same type of processor (pentium, but i could be wrong on same because of the 6xxx series instead of the 5xxx series)

so i was wondering if it was worth the upgrade.

the processor is 80 euro's. and i have an option to get a E7600 for 125 euro's but then il be very short on cash and i dont want that :P

thanks in advance ^_^

There's really almost no reason to get an pentium e6600. You should be able to overclock your e5200 quite a bit more. I can get mine up to 3.8 and I can help you with yours if you want.

If you really want to upgrade either get at least an e8400 or go with a newer platform.

that's a strong e5200, honestly most e6600s dont overclock much better than that.

on a side note why are those chips so expensive??

that's a strong e5200, honestly most e6600s dont overclock much better than that.

on a side note why are those chips so expensive??

welcome in holland -,-'' everything is expensive here because of the stupid euro.

@thehippi i cant get my pentium higher without upgrading the voltages and my motherboard doesnt support that so i doubt i get it to 3.8 ghz. plus my ram sucks balls xD

My e6600 is slower than the second coming. Was thinking about upgrading it to a quad but i don't want to waste the money. Saving up for a sandy bridge build instead. I suggest you save your money as well.