camaro_dude15

AMD build help

i am not sure i would have a place build me a pc where sales men try and push 16 gigs of ram on u and 8 tb of hdd space what the hell are they building a server ?

building a computer is like making a sandwich its so easy anyone can do it all u need are some parts a screwdriver and about 2 hours for ur first time.

my last build took me 20 min to unboxing till first post.

Folding on a GPU, Nvidia rather than ATI, is relatively easy and far more productive!

Why do you want a six core because you won't fully utilise it from what you are saying. Tell us, the community, how much you want to spend and I'm sure you'll get some sound advice. A Phenom II Quad Core is probably all you'll need with 4GB of memory, 8GB at the most and definately not 16GB, you just won't use it. Four 2TB HDD is just over the top and I'm sure a 1TB will do you for some time and you can always stick another in sometime in the future should you need it. If what you say is true they think you know very little about computing and they are offering far more than you need. If you are serious about folding then I'd go for Phenom II Quad Core with Nvidia GTX 460 graphics card(s) but that's just me.

my budget is a little loose as in anywhere between 1000 and 1700 and that is part of why i chose amd as with intel would stretch the budget to thin and i dont want to run into a bottle neck, i personally don't think i even need a graphics card, onboard equipment is fine with me, but i do enjoy multi monitor displays and might want to fold on a gpu,

and also i chose that cpu because its the black edition and is easier to overclock and if you couldnt tell yet ive never built or overclocked a pc i wanted to make it easier on myself, also AMD is very affordable, and also go big or go home.

i managed to talk to the owner of that computer store and he was much easier to talk to and he recomended just one 2 tb hdd and a board with the 890fx chipset but i'm still not sure what i need or want, and i cant put the order in untill i figure that out, well and till payday

that is the latest chipset

you need to decide what processor you need and what game you want to play before even looking at that

but of course, newer is always better in motherboard land

that is the latest chipset

you need to decide what processor you need and what game you want to play before even looking at that

but of course, newer is always better in motherboard land

well i want to play fallout 3 and fallout new vegas but i am one that multitasks like crazy my current pc has three monitors and it is too much for my vintage pentium4 and i have a lot of school work that i fill all my screens with and sometimes wish i had more screen space

how big of a power supply would i need with 2 460's or 465's, also what size of ssd just for booting windows 7, memory? i need sugestions, the guy i am ordering this pc from is just interested in sales, he told me i needed a 1200 watt psu and 600 dollars worth the memory

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I wouldn't plan on running SLI because I don't think any of the 890s support it? Pretty sure its CFX only? You might want to do a little more research before you drop some serious coin in anyones lap. Depending on what your needs really are, you can still build yourself a very nice Intel based machine with your listed budget of $1000-1700.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I wouldn't plan on running SLI because I don't think any of the 890s support it? Pretty sure its CFX only? You might want to do a little more research before you drop some serious coin in anyones lap. Depending on what your needs really are, you can still build yourself a very nice Intel based machine with your listed budget of $1000-1700.

[/quote

they are cfx only indeed thanks for pointing that out