To solid state or hybrid

Boinker

I'm curious what the difference of having a solid state or hybrid solid state drive will do to my 3d mark scores. If anyone can tell me the difference between a conventional drive and a decent hybrid drive from seagate is that would also be great as I am on a budget and need to keep things in the lower price range

Thank you in advance. Boinker.

ok. thanks for the replies guys.

But as you said ArandomOwl it will improve it but not be detrimental if I understand you correct?

It will make absolutely zero difference. 3dMark doesn't rate your I/O subsystem. :)

• 1 month later...

No real difference whatsoever on your 3D benchmark scores. However, in real world usage, a good SSD literally feels like you doubled your CPU power. Its amazing how much a modern desktop is just waiting on the hard drive to feed the data to the CPU. Buying an SSD was one of if not THE best upgrade I've ever done to my rig.

The bottom line now is the HDD's are one of the last bottlenecks on a good system! The SSD's are the answer to this. Keep all of your media (music, movies, pics, and files) on an HDD, and your OS, programs, and games on an SSD. This is the answer, not the hybrid drives!