Bosco

Mushkin 3dmark Contest Comments Thread

State of fragmentation shouldn't affect the numbers, but I always defrag before any benchmark runs anyway.

I've ran the benchmark with 06 installed on a primary drive, primary raid array, and off of a secondary backup drive and none of that made a significant difference.

State of fragmentation shouldn't affect the numbers, but I always defrag before any benchmark runs anyway.

I've ran the benchmark with 06 installed on a primary drive, primary raid array, and off of a secondary backup drive and none of that made a significant difference.

Good to hear. Thanks. I guess I could defrag the secondary drive it's installed on, but I don't have enough free space on my primary drive to defrag it. :blush:

..............but I don't have enough free space on my primary drive to defrag it. :blush:

That my friend is a situation that requires an immediate remedy :)

That my friend is a situation that requires an immediate remedy :)

dual-36.7GB Raptors (the originals) = 74GB for Vista....add my Steam install to the ever-growing Windows directory, and it doesn't give me much space...thus, me using a secondary drive for any program not installed by Steam. :lol:

dual-36.7GB Raptors (the originals) = 74GB for Vista....add my Steam install to the ever-growing Windows directory, and it doesn't give me much space...thus, me using a secondary drive for any program not installed by Steam. :lol:

That means you need to win those SSDs. :P

That means you need to win those SSDs. :P

In order to win those SSDs, I'd have to spend more money than what those are worth :lol:

Or hope that the submission thread gets wiped out and requires reposting of the screenshots, and then everyone except myself loses internet connectivity for the next three weeks so that I'm the only submission.

I have my steam directory on my secondary drive, as it holds the most data.

I have my steam directory on my secondary drive, as it holds the most data.

Yeah, same here. My Steam folder is on a 750GB drive and currently occupies ~100GB of it. :lol:

I think I may try and OC my CPU a bit more tonight or tomorrow. I mean, I'm moving out this weekend so why not crank the AC, boost the voltage, and see how stable I can go since the electric bill will only account for a few weeks. :rofl:

Does anyone else have problems making a result score public? When I click on "Make Public" link I don't get a validation link and the result I'm try to make pubic is still shown as private.

Does anyone else have problems making a result score public? When I click on "Make Public" link I don't get a validation link and the result I'm try to make pubic is still shown as private.

You can only have a certain number of public results - go make a few private that you don't need any more and it should let you make new ones public.