Mushkin 3dmark Contest Comments Thread

Bosco

Finally bought a HD video camera, youtube seems to have ruined the quality though....

I love the state of the art $10k computer with the $2 keyboard and mouse from 1994....and a 13" monitor from 1998.

Edited by krazypoloc

I love the state of the art $10k computer with the $2 keyboard and mouse from 1994....and a 13" monitor from 1998.

Thats a 18 or 19" monitor, hey it all still works why throw it away. I use the good monitors on my 24/7 main rig.... :glare:

^ This man is a pro ^

Bosco, in reference to drivers and point differences, for a couple days, there were only 4 points seperating Road-Runner and myself. I'm not claiming that the drivers were the difference, I'm just illustrating that a 150 point difference might be a big deal for some folks. It is my opinion (Take it for what its worth) that if you make exceptions for certain drivers, you are going to be asked to make exceptions for others. The easiest way for you to manage the contest is to let Futuremark take the fall for the driver thing.

Want to say though, that either way, I have been having a blast with this, and will be enthusiastic even if I don't win any drawings.

Thats a 18 or 19" monitor, hey it all still works why throw it away. I use the good monitors on my 24/7 main rig.... :glare:

^ This man is a pro ^

I was obviously joking guys......anyone that is at road-runner's geek level has to be used to getting their balls busted by now. :P

I was obviously joking guys......anyone that is at road-runner's geek level has to be used to getting their balls busted by now. :P

I know, now if I used that rig all the time I could see putting a decent monitor on it, but just to run benches 1280 resolution is all that is needed, it sits most of the time doing nothing...

I know, now if I used that rig all the time I could see putting a decent monitor on it, but just to run benches 1280 resolution is all that is needed, it sits most of the time doing nothing...

I'm just a little surprised that with that amount of gear you wouldn't just have a KVM switch going to your main rig so you can relax in the comfort of a nicer environment....not to mention increasing multitasking abilities.

I'm just a little surprised that with that amount of gear you wouldn't just have a KVM switch going to your main rig so you can relax in the comfort of a nicer environment....not to mention increasing multitasking abilities.

Heck I got 4 monitors on my i7 main rig now in comfort with satellite TV in the room also. The bench rig is in another room, then upstairs is another room full of i7s and KVMs for crunching...

Heck I got 4 monitors on my i7 main rig now in comfort with satellite TV in the room also. The bench rig is in another room, then upstairs is another room full of i7s and KVMs for crunching...

not bad for someone who lives inside the Matrix.... ;)

in reality its all 1s and 0s anyhow...lol

Yes thats exactly my point.....for me I like to have access to everything in 1 central location.....so with the amount of hardware you have I would have a KVM over IP going from all the PC's you have folding as well as your benchmarking rig with the console going to your main workstation desk.That way you can kick back and let the good times roll. Just seems convenient to me.....

Yes thats exactly my point.....for me I like to have access to everything in 1 central location.....so with the amount of hardware you have I would have a KVM over IP going from all the PC's you have folding as well as your benchmarking rig with the console going to your main workstation desk.That way you can kick back and let the good times roll. Just seems convenient to me.....

I just been using VNC viewer for the linux crunchers upstairs, bench rig I am going to be there when its running so.... Can you pour LN2 through this VOIP KVM thing, lol?

I just been using VNC viewer for the linux crunchers upstairs, bench rig I am going to be there when its running so.... Can you pour LN2 through this VOIP KVM thing, lol?

I guess you would need a Number 5 unit to pour LN2 into your test bed for you......

johnny5.jpg

KVM over IP is just regular KVM over ethernet cables.....makes installing KVM's over long distances easeir and more cost effective.

I guess you would need a Number 5 unit to pour LN2 into your test bed for you......

KVM over IP is just regular KVM over Ethernet cables.....makes installing KVM's over long distances easier and more cost effective.

I can see where that would come in handy, oh well everything is already networked with a 16 port switch up there and set up. VNC works fine for me now... I think I done derailed the thread... What about the drivers?