Bad Company 2 Haters?

doopypeanut

MW2 IS A TRADITIONAL FPS GAME? LOL. What are you on? FPS has never been the same since they've added perks. Perks are uneven and they ruin a REAL FPS. Even Borderlands has the decency to call their game an FPSRPG game. Btw, the comparison is not like comparing Mario Kart and Gran Turismo. More like comparing Counter Strike to Dungeons and Dragons. (You know where I'm going here tkrow21). I also don't understand the reason why you laugh at the KDRs in the signatures. Lag is incredibly huge in BC2 as well as registry. That doesn't take away from the gameplay though because I still drop 30-40 bombs on rush.

While I agree with you that I think some of the perks ruin the game for MW2 (One Man Army and Last Stand come to mind) you do realize that BC2 has many of the same perks that MW2 has, right? I can almost do a side by side comparison of many of them. I do praise BC2 for not having 1 Man Army and Last Stand ...though with all the ammo boxes lying around in BC2 refilling everyone's noob tubes and CGs ...it doesn't make it much different. Because the only reason people use 1 Man Army in MW2 is to have more than 2 noob tubes.

Not to mention most FPS games these days have Power Ups. Counter-Strike didn't but it also was released back in '99. That's an old game man. Awesome game, still a classic ...but a lot has changed since then. I consider a "traditional FPS game" to focus mostly on the fragging aspect while providing a wide range of guns to use on small maps with fast paced action. TF2 is another example of what I'd call a straight up FPS game. I do not put BC2 into that category, nor would most of the people who play BC2 at this forum. It's a tactical battlefield shooter with heavy emphasis on teamplay. Whenever I load up BC2 its for that aspect. Whenever I load up MW2 its for fast paced no mercy action. Completely different. I also don't load up an objective based game mode if all I want to do is kill people. I play SQDM or TDM if that's what I want. When I play an objective based game mode I play the objectives.

Which brings me to my next point. I don't look down on people with low KDR, hell my KDR in BC2 sucks. What I do hate is people who worry more about their KDR than playing the objectives ...and then don't even have a good KDR. Great, that person just wasted both our times. He sacrificed a win for everyone and still got a crappy score! I mean WTF, at least be useful in striking fear into the enemy if you aren't going for the objectives. I'll take someone going 0-20 if he's helping the team out and going for the objectives over a sniper with a lousy +2.0 KDR. Great you went 20-10 ...but we got our butts handed to us. :thumbsup: I've gone 30-5 getting more points from the objectives and teamplay than the points from my KDR. I wish I could do that all the time but I can't. So to answer your question... that's why I laugh at the KDR in signatures. It's not at the actual # I laugh at ...it's when I know someone isn't helping their team out and they still don't have a good KDR for me to be jealous of.

the reasons are obvious.... what ur suggesting is a waste of time

it's like asking: does it hurt when u get hit with a hammer, and having to go ask someone who alrdy got hit with a hammer in order to be sure... it's retarded. anyone can tell you that it hurts to get hit with a hammer.

That's just a silly reply. Your statement is basically saying - "Isn't obvious why people hate BC2?" :dunno: Seeing as how we have no BC2 Haters here at OCC, I don't find it to be so... "obvious".

Using the hammer analogy makes it sound like it's a problem with the game, which wooould... defeat the whole purpose of this thread in the first place. :unsure:

Not people that enjoy getting hit by hammers, they'd be like "WTF? you don't like getting hit with hammers?!?"

Also, your analogy doesn't even make sense. Sure it's obvious why someone would not like getting hit with a hammer but this isn't a hammer we're talking about, it's a video game, and it can't hurt you physically.

ur missing the point. it's the idea that it's obvious why people hate bc2, so we don't really need a real hater in order to respond to the guy's question, not to mention that different people have different reasons so you'll never get a straight answer even if u ask a hater. the reasons really are obvious and if you really wanna waste any more time with this, go ahead and make a poll on the internets or whatever... I've got better things to do.

ur missing the point. it's the idea that it's obvious why people hate bc2, so we don't really need a real hater in order to respond to the guy's question, not to mention that different people have different reasons so you'll never get a straight answer even if u ask a hater. the reasons really are obvious and if you really wanna waste any more time with this, go ahead and make a poll on the internets or whatever... I've got better things to do.

Sir, I'd like to inform you that maybe there are haters in this thread right now, concealed to hide their trolling attitudes to keep to the forum rules. It's not so obvious and I think the fake should confess.

Honestly i think this thread should be locked down, its pathetic :erm: "hiding trolls to comply with forum rules" ? seriously we have a good few trolls here and none of them need to hide, opinions are free to be heard so long as they dont overstep the line and start causing trouble. There will always be people who whine and complain in life, they were brought up spoiled and undisciplined, fact of life im afraid.

If you dont like the game then dont play it, we already have a BC2 thread ripe with discussion, so lets abandon this pointless one now shall we?

Edited by SenitaL

Honestly i think this thread should be locked down, its pathetic :erm: "hiding trolls to comply with forum rules" ? seriously we have a good few trolls here and none of them need to hide, opinions are free to be heard so long as they dont overstep the line and start causing trouble. There will always be people who whine and complain in life, they were brought up spoiled and undisciplined, fact of life im afraid.

If you dont like the game then dont play it, we already have a BC2 thread ripe with discussion, so lets abandon this pointless one now shall we?

Aww come on SentinaL.....please don't direct the trolls to the BC2 thread, that thread is actually constructive and contains people sharing ideas on how to play the game better....