The Edited Message

damian

Is this word not filtered, some people will find it extremely offensive in the UK.

I'm sorry if i offended you Paul. I didn't think i would offend anyone using that word, in fact i wasn't even trying to be vulgar (don't get the wrong idea Slick and Jim) Was just one of those words an american like me hears from british movies/media and doesn't think much about it.

Edited by damian

I'm sorry if i offended you Paul. I didn't think i would offend anyone using that word, in fact i wasn't even trying to be vulgar (don't get the wrong idea Slick and Jim)

I didn't think you were, how you meant to use it is how I thought you meant, just as a silly word to call someone (at least it is in our country).

I'm sorry if i offended you Paul. I didn't think i would offend anyone using that word, in fact i wasn't even trying to be vulgar (don't get the wrong idea Slick and Jim) Was just one of those words an american like me hears from british movies/media and doesn't think much about it.

You didn't offend me. ;) I'm sure the word is perfectly acceptable in the US but over here it's, shall we say, one of the more vulgar swear words.

I'm sure the word is perfectly acceptable in the US but over here it's, shall we say, one of the more vulgar swear words.

It's actually offensive here too. It's not a word heard in mixed company and although more and more it is used casually, it is still more often used to put a particularly fine point on an insult. It is a funny sounding word though, and I'm sure the poster meant to use it that way.

I live in the UK and I think its a pathetic insult, myself :P But I live in a hardened area where if you don't swear after every word, you're considered weak, immature, vulnerable, even gay. Since it's been forced upon me since my toddler years by everyone around me, it's a hard trap to avoid. I tone it down for you guys though and in all honesty it helps my real life ettiquette. So thank you OCC :cheers:

Everyone outside of the region will disagree, but I love Essex (filtered? :P)

Anyway, back on topic, I agree with what Damian says. The box is very big, and an eyesore at best. Is there anything that can be done about it because I'm fairly certain it annoys the other members as well, donated or not :P

Anyway, back on topic, I agree with what Damian says. The box is very big, and an eyesore at best. Is there anything that can be done about it because I'm fairly certain it annoys the other members as well, donated or not :P

I agree. We have this shiny new forum look, and we are having conversations. then all of a sudden there is a giant bar in the middle of the page saying "HEY LOOK AT ME!" just because someone made a typo and then fixed it. It ruins the flow of the discussion. I can see where saying at the bottom of a post that it has been edited is useful, but this is essentially the forum version of UAC saying "HEY YOU DID SOMETHING! Are you an idiot, or did you mean to do it?" The old way was much less intrusive. Just a bit of text at the bottom with no special bar.

I agree. We have this shiny new forum look, and we are having conversations. then all of a sudden there is a giant bar in the middle of the page saying "HEY LOOK AT ME!" just because someone made a typo and then fixed it. It ruins the flow of the discussion. I can see where saying at the bottom of a post that it has been edited is useful, but this is essentially the forum version of UAC saying "HEY YOU DID SOMETHING! Are you an idiot, or did you mean to do it?" The old way was much less intrusive. Just a bit of text at the bottom with no special bar.

:withstupid:

It is rather big and annoying. But maybe it's a way to get people to donate to OCC... :evilgrin: