Building my first computer - a Leo Platform

engstudent

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wave: try GenL's Hybrid PhysX mod: http://www.ngohq.com/graphic-cards/17706-hybrid-physx-mod-v1-03-v1-04ff.html

Edit: you really should have the option to enable it through nvidia control panel, :unsure: i thought nvidia re-enabled the ability to select which gpu does what?

anyhow, hope it helps!

Edited by SenitaL

That worked! The 920/1200 OC failed though. Going to give it some space and try again later, maybe it wasn't getting enough air flow in the slot right next to the GTS 250. It does spill a lot of heat into the case.

Edited by engstudent

Excellent! :biggrin: take it easy on the card mind, dont want to have to RMA already now do you? :P its got more then enough grunt as it is, overclocking it so high for everyday use is a nono in my books, just give it a slight OC if you struggle in games, and go all out when you want to do some 3Dmark runs ;)

Excellent! :biggrin: take it easy on the card mind, dont want to have to RMA already now do you? :P its got more then enough grunt as it is, overclocking it so high for everyday use is a nono in my books, just give it a slight OC if you struggle in games, and go all out when you want to do some 3Dmark runs ;)

yeah I think im going to leave it as is - to be honest I didnt feel the difference - maybe im not playing the right games lol

Thanks for the link to the physx mod.

Got a little glitchy last night, it went black screen and then wouldn't boot, even after hitting the clear CMOS button. So I had a closer look and the problem was the graphics. I tried switching to the nvidia card for the display. No good. My conclusion which maybe wrong was that the PhysX mod was causing the problem. So I tossed the EVGA GTS 250 back in the basket of spare parts and uninstalled nvidia drivers and software and reinstalled the latest ati drivers.

Really embaresing when my wife sat down at my shiney new machine I built myself, just to pay some bills and it wouldn't work at all.

So I'm going to keep it simple for now. Strange that the last OC of ram and CPU didn't get me better superPi 32m times either.

If only I knew what I was doing instead of flipping all the variables around at near random. LOL

BTW Sentinal - where can I get a starsiege animation like that for my signature? :D

Heh prime95 is on its 6th test right now after 7 minutes and the temperature is at 56C with this overclock.

1409742.png

notice the vcore lowered from a cap poping 1.45 down to a 1.41 (:

2000mhz ddr3 at 7cas and 1t with the x6 at 4.0 :woo: w00t FINALLY!

Ah here it is, couldn't find the thread because for some reason i thought it was in the builds section :lol:

Glad to see its all working out for you, and as for my sig? I ripped the stuff from Starsiege using VxTools, (and did a little editing with a gif creator) the CAN website is still down but if you head over to the Merc's Site (http://starsiege1.proboards.com/index.cgi) you might find a link or copy of the program there, if your eyes can stand the bright magenta long enough that is :P

Only problem is that it doesn't like X64 Bit Operating systems, so i haven't been able to use it for a long time now :( but im working on collecting all the cool SS stuff i can find on the Internet as well as some of my own stuff to create an ISO with lots of goodies packed in ;)

Edited by SenitaL

my 5850 doesnt seem to like 920/1200 either.. but loves 900/1200.. try that maybe lol

tried it - 888 is also unstable but so for 875/1200 works fine

If I could unlock the voltage function on MSI afterburner then I maybe cooking :D

going to try something I read on the newegg reviews for the MSI 5830, requires a clean install and editing some files before starting afterburner up. Maybe tomarow

Edited by engstudent

without manipulating voltages - my core clock is stable at 920 but I back the memory clock down to 1156.

card goes up to 56C so Im thinking I should not overvolt and leave it like so the temp matching my CPU during a prime95 blend baking.