EVGA E758-A1 3-Way SLI motherboard

intel i7 930

G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 12 gigs

EVGA 768-P3-1362-TR GeForce GTX 460 2 in sli

Intel X25-M Mainstream SSD 1 for OS 2 for games

WD SATA drives 4 for a total of 2 TB

SILVERSTONE DECATHLON DA850 850W

LIAN LI PC-K62R1 Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

so I've watercooled a P4 before so this wont be the first time doing this but i was wondering

1 can you use denatured alcohol in a closed loop to cool the cpu

2 will it be colder then using water

3 will it react to or hurt the copper waterblock, radiator, pump, and tygon tubing

and for the watercooling setup all from Danger Den

mc-tdx waterblock with brass top

black ice gtx 120 radiator

ddc-12v pump

and a reservoir

hard to see in the picture but harddrives go

320gig

double sided tapped right under is a SSD 80 gig

750 gig

320 gig

750 gig

double sided tapped right under is a SSD 80 gig

post-64079-12814743832043_thumb.jpg

It would definitely eat all the seals out. Any kind of alcohol haas a bad habit of tearing through rubber seals and hoses. It variably sucks the moisture out of the seals and dry riots them to death. And even more so it is a attractant for any kind of excessive moisture. Though it is already watered down it eventually will become even more so. After that I can see no advantage to running alcohol of any kind in a wc system.

My 2 cents well spent. Boinker.

wow go out to the bar for a while and get all these posts.

first of thanks for the replies, we use denatured alcohol at work all the time and after ordering the watercooling stuff was like if i run 100% denatured alcohol in the system would it be colder then just distilled water. well i guess will never know cause you all bring up good points that will destroy everyting in the system so looks like i will stick to using water.

thanks for all the replies and for stopping me from doing something stupid :)

ill have to post new pics once i get the watercooling unit in

ok so here she is in all her glory. the watercooloing kit wont be in till friday so ill have new pics up over the weekend when i get it in. i love this case so easy to run cables in and its a lian li case only downside its a steel case is is heavy but love it none the less

post-64079-12815706197255_thumb.jpg

post-64079-12815706258208_thumb.jpg

post-64079-12815706335318_thumb.jpg

wow go out to the bar for a while and get all these posts.

first of thanks for the replies, we use denatured alcohol at work all the time and after ordering the watercooling stuff was like if i run 100% denatured alcohol in the system would it be colder then just distilled water. well i guess will never know cause you all bring up good points that will destroy everyting in the system so looks like i will stick to using water.

thanks for all the replies and for stopping me from doing something stupid :)

ill have to post new pics once i get the watercooling unit in

Oh, I thought I answered that "colder" question.

Definitely not!

ok so here she is in all her glory. the watercooloing kit wont be in till friday so ill have new pics up over the weekend when i get it in. i love this case so easy to run cables in and its a lian li case only downside its a steel case is is heavy but love it none the less

Lian Li case? Looks nice, I hope you do some overclocking with it when liquid cooled.

Lian Li case? Looks nice, I hope you do some overclocking with it when liquid cooled.

Its made by Lancool for Lian Li. And yes im doing some overclocking im at 3.8 right now with the stock cooler going to go more with the new water unit