g.skill ripjaw 8gb(8x2gb) ddr3 1600

creative titanium x-fi 7.1

kill2100(got on sell on the egg for 94)

2xWD Caviar Black 64MB cache 7200rpm 6.0GB/s

Thermaltake Toughpower XT TPX-775w

COOLING:

NZXT Sentry 2

Asetek 550LC Liquid CPU Cooling System w/ 120mm Radiator

2xDelta AFB1212GHE-CF00 120mm Case Fan(one blow hole and other front intake)

2xStock Case Fans

the sytem will be built when i get back from deployment

Sexy looking build, when do you get back? And what service if ya dont mind me asking? Also, are you going for 8GB total or 16? I assume you meant to put 4x2GB right?

Edited by ebarone

i get back late october, im in the army, and yes i am getting 8 gb ram. have you ever hard of anyone modding their case to cool the back side of there mobo

I almost did this with a case I was working on. Basically just trying new things with case Modding, but I got the idea from seeing other cases already set up with this (ie some of the cooler master cases that have the mobo tray pre cut with a fan set up on the back side for exhaust). Not sure how effective it is, but it might be worth looking into if you're having problems

i get the exhaust there because thers the wire hideaway there between the mobo shelf and the out side of the case and there would be alot of hot air there kinda traped but i thinking of cuting a dicenet size hole in the mobo shelf and have the duct work blow into there which would push the air out into the case where it would get sucked out the back or top. and i know the mobo major heat producing componets are on the front. and that the mobo it self is an insulator and wont have much heat to it but it would act the same way as have a wet towel to pick up a hot pan verse a dry one. it wouldnt drop the temp of the mobo much but that and being able to vent out the hot air traped there behind the mobo will help.

i know my explantion of things is sometimes hard to understand. the army isnt helping me with my already poor grammar

Edited by mac3n