Groom Accidently Kills Wedding Guests

Rokkaholik

This is another one of those celebratory things I've never understood; Shooting guns in the air when you're happy...

Groom accidentally kills wedding guests

(CNN) -- Three family members at a wedding in Turkey have been accidentally shot dead by the groom firing an AK-47 rifle in celebration.

The groom, Tevfik Altin, lost control of his rifle, spraying the guests with bullets and killing his father and two aunts and injuring six others, according to CNN Turk.

It reported that Altin had been arrested after the incident in the village of Akcagoze in southeastern Turkey. Guns are often fired into the air in celebration in some parts of Turkey.

One family member, who did not give his name, told CNN: "It happened very quickly. We all tried to take cover and there was blood all over. We are all very sad right now."

The injured guests included three children aged 10, 12 and 16, according to CNN Turk.

The Sehitkamil State hospital where some of the injured were brought confirmed it has one patient still in the hospital.

This is horrible! Imagine that...the happiest day of your life, to lose 3 family member, but not only that, your own father, with your own hand! Life is really cruel sometimes :(

More like stupidity is really cruel some times. Who the hell shoots a freaking AK at a wedding? It is also a worse than usual stupidity scenario when one takes into account the fact that weddings are such high alcohol intake events ...

I guess moving from arrow to guns was a short step !

I dont have a problem with guns its people! Thats one function you don't need to have guns at, unless it is the aforementioned shotgun wedding so popular in the hills and south! !

The problem is apparently a lot bigger than it'd appear. There's quite a number of these sort of related deaths. it's apparently pretty entrenched in Turkish weddings to offload a mag full auto and it's considered a bad omen if the groom can't manage. I guess, no sh if people are dying because if it.