are they compatible?

dupp

i have a ga-ep45t-ds3r mobo and a q8400 cpu and when i install them in my computer my comp starts for like 5-6 sec it wont reache the booth screen then it shut down. im thinking that it's a compatibility issue and if so. i majorly failed. ive checked everything possible it aint the mobo it aint my 460 gtx it aint my ram everything is fine i dont know if its either compatibility issue, the socket or the processor that is just dead. help please.

i have a ga-ep45t-ds3r mobo and a q8400 cpu and when i install them in my computer my comp starts for like 5-6 sec it wont reache the booth screen then it shut down. im thinking that it's a compatibility issue and if so. i majorly failed. ive checked everything possible it aint the mobo it aint my 460 gtx it aint my ram everything is fine i dont know if its either compatibility issue, the socket or the processor that is just dead. help please.

wrong section. Check the CPU? Is everything properly seated? Try the other PCI-E slot. Are all the required connections connected, i.e the 8 pin 12 v power on the motherboard?