MSI Contest

Bosco

This is my current motherboard an Asus Blitz Extreme (underneath all those wires).

What I like about the Big Bang is;

The use of high quality/military components for long life and maximum overclocks.

The use of screws to hold down the heat sinks attached to the board.

The v-check points are just sweet.

Lots of pci-e slots that can be sli or crossfired.

Edited by wildman2

My motherbooard: Asus M4N72-E . . . has SLI capabilities, socket AM2/AM3, four DDR2 slots. I really like my board, but it's NOTHING compared to the beast BigBang XPower!! I like the high quality components used on it, and the fact that it can tackle 4-way SLI!!! Too cool...

My mobo pic is attached....

post-72796-12815635052242_thumb.jpg

here's my dirty board, a foxconn A79A-s

DSCF1200.JPG

Seems i cant really choose one thing.. So i would say the extreme extras you get with this board are the best... e.g. o/c dash board

All that makes it easier to install and use your nice new piece of hardware

Heres my motherboard, the Asus P6X58D Premium... first one is mine, the second one is from the internet.

There's a ton of reasons to love the Big Bang board from MSI (whom I have two GTX 285's from that I love):

-it comes standard with some great high end audio hardware

-the layout looks fantastic for a tweaker... lots of space and intelligently placed components

-its got a nifty memory retention system, which looks like it would be great in a closed environment (eg a computer case)

-plenty of PCIe slots, which I wish my board had more of

-I love the power/reset buttons on the board, no more using a screwdriver to short the power pins when the board is on a testbed!

-I love the connectors for the front panel (power,reset,LEDs, etc)... when I first saw those implemented I thought to myself "about effin time"

-the very clear desire by the company to put out a board designed for people who know what they're doing and want to overclock... the voltage checkpoints, the handheld data module, the high grade components

-I love that its a standout motherboard at a mid range price... you get Big Bang for your Buck!!! hahahaha!!! see what I did there? :D no really, great price for what you get, it should cost at least $100 more

But most of all I love how it seems like when MSI made the board, MSI talked to people like us and asked us what we like in a motherboard, rather than telling us what we will like, the way most companies work. Its the reason why I respect game developers who troll their own forums, and its the biggest reason ever to love the Big Bang board!!

post-65784-12815873447962_thumb.jpg

post-65784-12815873522671_thumb.jpg

at the moment I have this lovely EVGA SLI LE mobo.

what do i like about the big bang? the ridiculous amount of PCIe lanes. not to mention the USB 3.0 and really cool looking heatsink. i love the pipe!

post-72172-12815921158401_thumb.jpg

Mine is a Dell Dimension 4550 (Intel 845PE)

delldim4550845pe.jpg

I like that MSI took the integrated sound seriously, and the "long lifetime" capability of military class components. I'm all about keeping a computer up and running and beating the tar out of it. Rumour has it the i7 950 is dropping to $294 on August 29th, so this is the foundation of the rig that could last me until at least 2017. :thumbsup:

Oh, and one touch overclocking means even if I turn out to have zero talent for it, I can still hang with the real overclockers.

Edited by eunoia

My current motherboard is the ga-x58a-ud3r from gigabyte.

I like the msi big bang xpower motherboard because it has

Military Class Components, Hi-c Cap on PWM,

Super Ferrite Choke on PWM, and Quantum Wave Audio Processing.

I hope I win this Great Motherboard :-)

post-56961-12816000376755_thumb.jpg

Here is my lovely board, the EVGA nForce 680i SLI. Don't mind the mass of wires. :lol:

IMG_1857_2.jpg

What I like about the Big Bang motherboard.. well, lets of things really. The huge amount of PCI-e x16 slots, the military class components for long life and more stable overclocking, the future proofing of USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gbps, and just the overall layout of the board. The board is layed out really well and nothing should get in the way of anything on it which is just really great. Plus maybe I'd be able to tidy up the huge mass of wires better with the Bing Bang. :P

here is my board a EVGA 790i ultra (that died recently and replaced it with a XFX 790i ultra)

DSCN1536.jpg

What i like about the big bang is honestly a top of the line board. It has all the features that you will ever need, this board has it all

Edited by Reaper_88