MSI Contest

Bosco

A wonderful Corsair 750TX :)

I know that I can get a molex to 8-pin converter or even build my own, but I'm pretty sure that's not what the engineer's had in mind when they designed it. Maybe if I teamed a pair of 12v molex into a 8-pin that might suffice.

More than likely some lucky fellow forum member will end up with this board eventually :)

Free to a good home? :wave:

:lol:

I really hope you can find someway to put it to good use, for yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to let everyone know that the Big Bang motherboard arrived today.

The box is huge! I may have to carry it home in the back of my pickup because it won't fit in the cab.

The number of goodies that MSI included in addition to the motherboard is unbelievable. Photos will be forthcoming.

I just wanted to let everyone know that the Big Bang motherboard arrived today.

The box is huge! I may have to carry it home in the back of my pickup because it won't fit in the cab.

The number of goodies that MSI included in addition to the motherboard is unbelievable. Photos will be forthcoming.

The box is THAT big? Are you serious?

You've got yourself one deity of a motherboard there, Wev :biggrin:

You've got yourself one deity of a motherboard there, Wev :biggrin:

And that puts me in quite the quandry........................

My Asus P6TD Deluxe is a pretty outstanding motherboard too (with just one or two quirks). And in fact it was able to push my i7 920 to 4.53Ghz stable (watercooled) for the Mushkin 3DMark06 challenge. I've spent so much time learning about that board, I'm having a hard time convincing myself to tear it all down to even try the Big Bang board.

Maybe curiosity and boredom will get the better of me soon - but right now I'm having a hard time motivating myself to do a big change.

I wish I could afford to keep both, but right now another i7, video cards, hard drives, power supply etc. is just out of the question.

Edited by wevsspot

Ok guys and gals, here are the photos I promised. Sorry for the delay.

This was inside the MSI Shipping Box; (not sure what the little round carrying bag is for.............)

4960606039_2677aeedd6_b.jpg

The bundle - I've seen many motherboard bundles in my lifetime, but this one has to take the grand prize. So many plugs, adapters, pins, crossfire and sli bridges that I wouldn't even know where to start;

4960606183_c780c03d7e_b.jpg

The board - Is a thing of beauty. Engineering and craftsmanship are evident everywhere on this board;

4960606277_a1c38db95b_b.jpg

Edited by wevsspot

It has the largest heat pipes I've ever seen on a board, and not a visible crimp on any of them. They are perfectly round and formed at every spot you can see.

I'm kind of baffled why they didn't do heat pipe cooling on the s/b - although the passive heatsink on the s/b is huge.....................

Speed, I haven't quite convinced myself that I need to sell it quite yet, but if I do you'll be the first to know.

I'd love to play around with it and say an i7 930 - but that would entail tearing down my current rig and harvesting parts....................... ouch :(

And I've thought about just letting it gather dust until I really need it - I guess that's an option too.