Cooler Master V8 Mod?

I'm not sure If I can agree with those of you who are saying the V6 is better. Even the reviews on this site show that the V8 has the cooler temperatures...

V8: http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/cm_v8/4.htm

V6: http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/cooler_master_v6gt/4.htm

I guess there would need to be an actual side by side comparison to get the most accurate temperature differences, but still.

then dont get either, there are better coolers for the money :P

I know there are better coolers but that doesnt make the V8 a bad one, i have it and am very happy with it, i5 750 @ 4ghz temps at 35C iddle 60C at normal use with ambient at 28C.

If you like the looks of the V8 and dont plan on doing some extreme overclocking (above 4ghz) the V8 its a good option, if you want the best of the best, yes, you should be looking at something else.

I know there are better coolers but that doesnt make the V8 a bad one, i have it and am very happy with it, i5 750 @ 4ghz temps at 35C iddle 60C at normal use with ambient at 28C.

If you like the looks of the V8 and dont plan on doing some extreme overclocking (above 4ghz) the V8 its a good option, if you want the best of the best, yes, you should be looking at something else.

I'm sure best of the best isn't within a 2.5k budget :P. I was planning to try and get around 4ghz on my AMD 965 so I think the V8 should keep it cool enough. Thanks for the input!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to keep the color of my rig uniform and was wondering if it were possible to mod the V8 cpu cooler by replacing the red led fan with a blue led fan? Has anyone tried to mod it already? If anyone has I would appreciate any bit of info on how to, if I can, what fan to replace it with, etc.

Thanks!

hey dude i got the cooler master v8

i plug it into a 3pin and the lights are on but the fan itself doesnt turn at all...

do you know if the v8 fan works on a 3pin?! (i know it got the 4pin connector)