non-conformist

When I think of pc users these cliches come into mind;

conformist

average

task oriented

productivity and business

enthusiast

smart buyers

haha... I would have to agree with this...

At my old college in Colorado there were no Mac's on campus. They told all students to buy laptops from Dell, HP, etc... and specifically NO MACs.

I guess that comes from being an all engineering school. There are no other majors there -- the software used in such majors doesn't exist for Mac users. Sorry.

It's just how it is.

There's the PC type of people... then there's the Mac sort of people...

I don't have a problem with Macs, I just have a problem that people think the components are somehow of higher quality, and that they never crash, and that they're "magical".

I don't have a problem with Macs, I just have a problem that people think the components are somehow of higher quality, and that they never crash, and that they're "magical".

haha... I have to agree with that.

ok-for you bozos here it goes-they these two links do not explain it all-but lets say that after being a dvd author, video editor, graphic designer (page layout, print), and now a 3d animator-macs blow pcs out of the water! way out of the water- winDOZE just sucks butt.... Unfortunately I do have to occasionally use Autodesk 3D Studio Max and use my mac running Win7-it works just fine but WinDOZE can be soooo obnoxious with alerts and updates and autoinstalls and crashes that it makes productivity so unproductive-

I worked for a company using WinDOZE machines to video edit and DVD author and we spent 40% of the time troubleshooting winDOZE with all it's BS, hardware failures, etc. Not to mention that the editing software on the PC from ANY company-it TERRIBLE. Apple's Pro software for FINAL CUT and DVD STUDIO rock with FC being the industry standard now-

For those who think there is no software for the mac-wrong - the best of the best is available for the mac-pc users have tons of CRAP software not worth the bytes they take on your computers-plug and play on a mac is TRUE plug and play-no drivers required (hardware venders give mac users "drivers or utilities" to install but I have yet to come across any that need it. PC people will throw any junk piece of hardware in their machine sometimes to the detriment of their whole system. I haven't had to clean install or reinstall in 4 years-only updates. Mac OS X is pennies compared to windows and SOOOO much better. Windows has so many unnecessary settings for users to screw up their whole system that are obsolete. God forbid if you run more than one application at time in Windows and burn a DVD-that makes a coaster factory.

I could go on and on with facts that aren't mentioned in the following links but regardless-if you are a PC user-it is likely you will NEVER get it. Also I am a gamer and port pc games to use on the Mac natively using CIDER. and my experience is fantastic-my pc gaming friends are even considering a mac.

So here check these out - hope it enlightens you-I have posted a few-some a few years old but still hold and in many instances more so than then-

http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/37806.html

http://geeks.pirillo.com/profiles/blogs/the-fading-myth-of-the

http://www.brighthub.com/computing/mac-platform/articles/61625.aspx

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9023959/Mac_vs._PC_cost_analysis_How_does_it_all_add_up_

http://switchtoamac.com/site/how-to-switch-part-five-the-misconception-macs-are-too-expensive.html

http://www.macyourself.com/2010/03/21/11-common-myths-that-keep-people-from-switching-to-macs/

http://theappleblog.com/2009/04/01/the-macs-are-too-expensive-debate-its-ultimately-futile/

So there are a few...

Later kids-

-DAVID

They aren't magical and i have had mine running for 8 months without a restart or crash-and I am a 3d animator and run my processors overclocked and I have 16gigs of fully-buffered RAM so my machine SMOKES and runs circles around any of my friend's PCs. Not to mention I can render 3d animation for HD, play a game, and burn DVDs at the same time-now do THAT on a PC running WINDOWS. 90% chance that something will fail and down goes windows-But what is even better is I can do all those things and have a window in Parallels running Windows 7 also rendering (only do that on occasion and there is a little slow down but still I CAN do it! And without any hiccups!). And running MAC OS X simultaneous in Windows as far as I know - you can't.

What they are is reliable, fast, fairly secure, versatile and worth every penny-and Microsoft is losing the battle especially lately-just check out the stock prices. Finally it seems people in America are getting some taste-Americans always have placed decisions poorly thinking that cheaper is better-MOST pcs are just absolute JUNK-you can get a pc for a couple hundred dollars but its probably worth less. You can rarely even resell a PC. Macs have extraordinary resell value-and last much longer and maintain usability for YEARS. I see PCs on the street corner all the time-never seen a mac. I wonder why.

haha... I would have to agree with this...

At my old college in Colorado there were no Mac's on campus. They told all students to buy laptops from Dell, HP, etc... and specifically NO MACs.

I guess that comes from being an all engineering school. There are no other majors there -- the software used in such majors doesn't exist for Mac users. Sorry.

It's just how it is.

There's the PC type of people... then there's the Mac sort of people...

WRONG

They all run in BOOT CAMP running Windows on any INTEL based MAC

The one thing that makes me rage about Macs isn't ONLY the price of them. It's the people who use them. Honestly, bruts, I can say that you're the only person I have EVER known who's set up a good for/against argument. Every other person I know who uses a mac make me rage so bad because they're just as bad, if not worse for arguing the superiority of their machine/OS :glare:

PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING DAVIDCARSWELL SAID

Do you get my point now? :rolleyes:

They aren't magical and i have had mine running for 8 months without a restart or crash-and I am a 3d animator and run my processors overclocked and I have 16gigs of fully-buffered RAM so my machine SMOKES and runs circles around any of my friend's PCs. Not to mention I can render 3d animation for HD, play a game, and burn DVDs at the same time-now do THAT on a PC running WINDOWS. 90% chance that something will fail and down goes windows-But what is even better is I can do all those things and have a window in Parallels running Windows 7 also rendering (only do that on occasion and there is a little slow down but still I CAN do it! And without any hiccups!). And running MAC OS X simultaneous in Windows as far as I know - you can't.

What they are is reliable, fast, fairly secure, versatile and worth every penny-and Microsoft is losing the battle especially lately-just check out the stock prices. Finally it seems people in America are getting some taste-Americans always have placed decisions poorly thinking that cheaper is better-MOST pcs are just absolute JUNK-you can get a pc for a couple hundred dollars but its probably worth less. You can rarely even resell a PC. Macs have extraordinary resell value-and last much longer and maintain usability for YEARS. I see PCs on the street corner all the time-never seen a mac. I wonder why.

So in other words, your workstation, which probably was overpriced in terms of hardware should we believe the OP screenshot, functions better than, what, a mid-range desktop with Windows?

All I can say is I can save a lot of money by buying the workstation parts separately, getting OSX and using one of the available cracks to make it function on non-proprietary hardware, and hope it complies with the hardware.

Just like I as well would probably be able to create a machine more powerful than yours, with windows and run in circles around yours, since what you have, according to what you say, is a workstation, not an ordinary computer, as Macs capable of doing what you do probably end up in the higher range of their scale.

Just to shoot down your passion and CAPITAL LETTERS a bit, while Vista is one of the most retarded operating systems I've ever witnessed, I've been running XP on my current machine for 5 years, without bluescreens or devastating viruses. So it's more a question of the purpose of your computer, if you intend to do image editing and heavy rendering and so forth, buying an HP "PC" for $500 isn't getting you anywhere, as is getting the cheapest Mac.

No more is the shortcomings of Windows subject to huge exposure from the vast usage as it is to many of the users being the kind who download the Internet.

I'm not saying your machine is garbage, rather the opposite; It might be worth every penny, but I'm certain you've put quite some pennies into it. With all probability, you could get better parts if you bought them separately, however, you wouldn't get the image Apple is trying to sell you. Put the same money on parts and the (ridiculously priced) w7 ultimate and you would probably be as pleased, after overcoming the shock of an unfamiliar Operating System.

I would use OSX if I wouldn't have to pay several times more for the hardware that goes with it, really. It's just that I rather focus on performance and its ratio to price, than being able to say "I has mac" to every poor bloke passing me on the street.

Most of the criticism you have about windows seem to be about the lesser experienced users, the mainstream, if you will. They are the ones to click flashy adds on odd websites to get a zillion viruses.

Not that Windows is the best manager of system resources, but it has the largest compatibility. I suppose why Macs can use the same hardware better is because they don't support all, and can focus on performance of the parts they do support. It is a pity in the way that the hardware they offer is usually a little behind, while "PC" owners can claim to own the 'newest'.

I wouldn't buy into the "best quality parts", most companies claim this, and while Apple certainly has a higher probability of using quality parts, the extreme quality as supposed by the prices is fairly unlikely.

Yes, your Mac is good, and yes, it consist of overpriced parts, however well the OSX might work with the parts.

Also get the distinction between Mac vs PC and OSX vs Windows correct. Us Linux users feel left outside. ;)