5770's

JamB

I did not see many comparative reviews that pit 5770's against each other. MSI Sapphire XFX HIS Gigabyte ASUS... Is the Hawk the Best of the 5770's?

I did not see many comparative reviews that pit 5770's against each other. MSI Sapphire XFX HIS Gigabyte ASUS... Is the Hawk the Best of the 5770's?

Depends on what you mean by best. The Hawk overclocks well. I've seen a few articles now, that say it runs hot. Doesn't hold it back though.

Yeah, I think its kind of subjective. Some cards may OC well while others may not. Heck, you can even pick up a card that overclocked well in reviews and then the one you get may not be able to hit the clocks the review did. It just depends on the card, how good the cooling is, how good the components used on it are, and other factors like that.

I personally shy away from MSI because of all the issues I've heard and experienced over the years with their products. I'd go with something from XFX, ASUS, HIS, or Sapphire personally.. some people have had issues with HIS products (like Bosco) but I haven't had any problems so far with my 5770 from them. Just depends on the luck of the draw.

Been away from my gaming rig for a bit. Sold my Sapphire 2GB VaporX 4870 6 months ago and now my friends are bugging me to get Starcraft 2. So I need a new vid card and have a budget of $200

My old azz rig: Gigabyte 790X DS4, AMD 9850BE, 3X Seagate 500gb ST3500320AS-32MB, 8 gigs of OCZ fatal1ty PC2 8500, BFGtech 650w, Hauppauge WinTV HVR 1600 etc etc,

side note

Though I will game from time to time this machine will mostlikely move from the Antec 900 case its in to a HTPC case and be used for a DVR most of the time.

The GTX out preforms the Sapphire in Folding too? Hmmm... I'm assuming the GTX uses less voltage too? If I can ever get My orignal Login Name back LOL

lol oh yeah by far a better folder, and what do you mean less voltage?? Do you mean less wattage??

Power consumption.. I like smaller electric bills..

For that I'd go for the 5770. GTX 260 isn't a whole lot but I believe the 5770 will be less, especially at idle clocks.

Power consumption.. I like smaller electric bills..

I believe it's more efficient, since I know a gtx295 is more efficient than a 4870x2 and the gtx295 is essentially two 260s (well actually two 280 cores but with the 260's memory)

For that I'd go for the 5770. GTX 260 isn't a whole lot but I believe the 5770 will be less, especially at idle clocks.

the 5770 is alot less, almost half.

basically there's

5770: more efficient and DX11

260: better folder and slightly cheaper